PDA

View Full Version : Do horses just have bad/grumpy days?

Roo
31st March 2010, 10:57 AM
He was very spooky today and spooked at a leaf, rolling around on the ground.
Anyway. he was cutting me up to the hedge trying to get the fresh grass on the lane sides. So I pushed him over.
Anyway a few strides later, for NO reason, he put his ears back and thretend to bite me.. WHAT the hell. It is nothing different to what I do any other morning?

I am trying to think what I did wrong other than not let him have his own way - eat the grass. I rarely let him eat the grass, when I do it is on my say so. AND my dad the other day did let him eat for ages?

chescar
31st March 2010, 11:13 AM
Yes - quite often.
Some days Troy will school beautifully - like on Saturday - The best he has done for a very long time.
I couldn't wait to school him again yesterday.
He went like a bag of shite! He just did not want to be in that school. he bogged off, leaned on the bit, wouldn't go forward unless it was his terms.

So yes, just like us, sometimes they are just grumpy and want their own way.

My Crazy Clan
31st March 2010, 02:47 PM
Oh yes! they are just like us, give them an inch their take a mile :lol:

north-mcqueen
31st March 2010, 04:55 PM
I believe so.
I've ridden horses that are usually great, but now and again they'll just have off days, can't be arsed days etc.
Same on the ground too. I've known some horses this year that are following you round wanting attention one day, and the next theyre all I WANT TO BE ALONE.
What a bunch of teenagers!

silverbullet
2nd April 2010, 07:44 PM
Yep

If Basil is throwing a strop woe betide anyone who goes near him!!
He'll nip, headbutt, bite, swing his quarters into you, barge you out of the way.

Otherwise he's a sweetheart!!

Belle
2nd April 2010, 08:13 PM
Definately just occassionally Belle has a day when she is a real b**ch - I think she gets the horsey version of PMT !!!::rolleyes:

WeeB
4th April 2010, 10:47 AM
totally they can have bad days!

B usually goes in the huff if I'm late or if I've been away on holiday and someone else has been looking after him. He's a bit of a woose tho and doesnt like me to go away if he's still in the huff! He'll give me a lets be friends again kiss! Like someone who doesnt like to go to sleep on an argument!

impatient pixie
5th April 2010, 09:44 PM
Definately, my boy has moody days for sure and I can tell as soon as I see him in the morning if he is grumpy! :lol: