PDA

View Full Version : would you loan...

funkyboots
31st March 2010, 08:44 PM
all i want is something mainly for madam for a couple of years till merry is ready for madam. and if it was cheap/free a shetland as a companion that will live out all year round.,would be perfect
if its a dopy 14hh plod that i could ride to (for loan) for few years...i can live with it
my nieghbour today called, a young mother nearby by has a bay TBX for loan,no timescale..15hh. 8yrs old. not been ridden for a year and green...and one eye......not really tempted as not sure if hes shod, prob not insured and not something i can teach madam to ride on. my nieghbour said hes rugged but would only need hay (her horse on NO grass of same size eats a bale and a half a day of hay and 2 small hard feeds!)
i know i have grass but we're low on hay till we cut again and have i talked myself out of it yet.......lol

i think its just the idea of loaning and if sumit happened or i improved it heaps and she wanted it back, i mean if it was that hard to keep, why not loan it over winter? summers easy!

Twizzel
31st March 2010, 10:47 PM
The tb may be a lot of work to get it going again, more of a long term project... have you looked in the West Briton, there's a 12hh lead rein pony for loan or sale (don't know it or anything just found the ad online)... pm me if you want the link.

funkyboots
31st March 2010, 10:56 PM
not looked in the guardian this week, i try not too....lol....
since i did'nt get my euromillions last week!

Catg
1st April 2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah I would definitely loan if I were you. The TBx sounds a lot of work but something to keep you ticking over is a good idea.

I suppose loaning is a compromise and a bit of a gamble on both sides but it sounds like the best solution for you at the moment x