PDA

View Full Version : Passports

Starsky
2nd April 2010, 08:45 PM
Hey guys.
Seren has got a passport and it says on the front, Oakdale (N.I) LTD - Horse Passport.
Its got everything in, we don't know her sire and dam and we don't know her exact D.O.B we just know she was born in 2007.
It basically just says she's a light cob, thats shes a filly, black, and her old name - Blacky. says she was bred in the U.K but unknown of breeders. and it says then obviously its got all the parts of the horse and has marked all her white bits on it lol.
It doesn't look very ..... proffessional, its just a paper booklet lol ... i just wondered if you can re-register them with other passporter peoplesss haha ... because she hasn't been microchipped either so i was just gonna get one i trust and have actually heard of lol and get the micro chip with it? ... but i know NOTHING about passports so fill me in please?

Smurf
2nd April 2010, 08:50 PM
If she is passported go onto the NED stie and she should be on that under her reg pasported name. Get her microchipped, not sure about the authentisity of the passport though sorry

funkyboots
2nd April 2010, 08:54 PM
i got a pet i.d one and blooming merrys markings are changing besides what the vet missed out! the vet missed the white spot on her chin, her star has vanished and the vet put her as red and white and her red is turning roan.....and the vet only put her pet name in,not her posh name i made......groan....

Maria
2nd April 2010, 08:55 PM
Didn't the breeder/old owner not even know who the dam was? Nothing?

BEX101
2nd April 2010, 09:02 PM
You can only put parentage on if you can prove it. I passported my mare and one of her foals (filly was 4 by the time we got round to passporting) because i didnt have the covering certificate i wasnt alowed to put parentage down - even though i bred her.

Starsky
2nd April 2010, 09:08 PM
well she bought her from the sales so nope ..

Maria
2nd April 2010, 09:13 PM
Okay, I thought she bred her. If you think she's got some Welsh in her you could phone the WPCS. I doubt they'd register her as a partbred if there is no proof of parentage but you might be able to get a nice looking passport at least.

dun blonde
2nd April 2010, 09:45 PM
I would guess passport is legit,and if you have doubts should be easy enough to check up on (google the details of provider).

TBH as you can't register her with a breed society,then I'm not sure it would be worth you bothering to get another passport.Would be an expense as would have to get vet out to do markings etc,and then fee for the new passport,and AFAIK horse can only legally have one passport so would also have the hassle of getting her current one voided.

It might not look spectacular hun,but if it's legal then may as well hang onto the one you have,as don't really think there is much to be gained by getting another one.

BEX101
2nd April 2010, 10:09 PM
i googled oakdale and they are an irish passport issuing authority

Mr Stephen Swaile, Director
Units 20-21, Annesborough Industrial Estate, Lurgan, Co Armagh
BT67 9JD

Their phone number is also the same as a butchers? -

J W Robinson & Sons
21-22 Annesborough Industrial Estate, Lurgan, Craigavon, Co Armagh, BT67 9JD
02838 326 222

dun blonde
2nd April 2010, 10:44 PM
i googled oakdale and they are an irish passport issuing authority

Mr Stephen Swaile, Director
Units 20-21, Annesborough Industrial Estate, Lurgan, Co Armagh
BT67 9JD

Their phone number is also the same as a butchers? -

J W Robinson & Sons
21-22 Annesborough Industrial Estate, Lurgan, Craigavon, Co Armagh, BT67 9JD
02838 326 222

Although that's kind of funny in a bizarre way,it's not that unusual.Many secretary's of breed society's even,use their own address as a contact point for the passports,and is often their home or work address.So not surprising that a lesser known outfit might do the same.

I am guessing that means she came over from Ireland originally though?? Makes her breeding less likely to be welsh cob,but perhaps irish cob x?? Or connie x if she's a lighter build under the hair??

Starsky
2nd April 2010, 11:29 PM
Okidoki thanks for all the help, ill look into it xx

Starsky
2nd April 2010, 11:30 PM
hmmmmmmm .... strangeee ... on her passport its got a stamp in it and it says something like oakdale meats!

Smurf
3rd April 2010, 07:51 AM
Contact Oakdale passport agency i think would be the best thing x