PDA

View Full Version : Professional Photographer willing to do a free shoot

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 11:29 AM
Hiya!

To cut a long story short, I've been a professional photographer for 8 years now but I'm tired of working for someone else and want to go freelance. The problem is that ALL of my work is under another company's name, so I need fresh work that is purely my own so I can make a website.

One thing I'd love on my site is lifestyle photos of riders and their horses, ideally on a beach/in the sea if at all possible. Now, living in the midlands this isn't the easiest thing to do!

So, I'm just wondering if anyone lives near a beach and would like to have some photos done?

I'm hoping to spend a few hours with you and your horse, taking photos of some interaction/cuddling your horse etc as-well as riding. I'll give you a full disc of edited images that will be high resolution ready for printing, and you may make as many copies as you like.

If any riders are interested, the one and only thing I ask is that I just have a little help with expenses! I do have a very economical car.... but money is very tight for me just at the moment so if you can help me out a bit that would be great! Just a little bit of cash towards my fuel would help me out loads!

Is anyone interested?

I'm hoping to do this on a weekend between now and June, but the sooner the better!

My email is:

photographer_lozzy@yahoo.co.uk

:)

Many thanks!!
Lozzy

Loosey
8th April 2010, 12:28 PM
As soon as any of our horses feet hit the beach pictures can pretty much be forgotten I'm afraid! They're only happy to cuddle before dinner time usually! Would love to see the finished photos though!

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 01:09 PM
Yes you could do me and Vinnie. His stable is right beside a beach, he is big and black with a long flowing mane. But there is only 1 problem i live in Shetland :( The price to get up here is extortunate!! :(

Im sure there will be loads of ewers who will take you up on your offer x

Oh wow, that is far from me! Lol! what a shame, I can see in your pic they are gorgeous :love:

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 01:13 PM
As soon as any of our horses feet hit the beach pictures can pretty much be forgotten I'm afraid! They're only happy to cuddle before dinner time usually! Would love to see the finished photos though!

Lol they quite active then?! :D

In an ideal world it would be best to get some that are quite calm/relaxing photos as-well as some action based ones... but even if they're not feeling too cuddly we could maybe just get some action photos on the beach? I'm sure we can still work something out if you are interested :) up to you!

Lozzy

amandaco
8th April 2010, 01:15 PM
meeeeeeee. i live in the NW :)

bimba
8th April 2010, 01:16 PM
I would love to but have no transport, plus I'm pretty sure my ex-racer on the beach would be the least photogenic horse ever - he pulls some interesting faces when excited!

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 01:40 PM
meeeeeeee. i live in the NW :)

Yay :) Cheshire though? Hmmmm I have an idea then - because it would still be quite a drive for you to get to a beach, would you like me to jump in with you and share the fuel bill, or would you rather I just follow you up? Because it would be costing you quite a bit to get to a beach anyway, I wouldn't ask for any help with my own expenses in this instance!

It does have to be on a beach ideally (or a BIG lake as the next one!) because that's the sort of thing I can't get where I live. Round here, I can get to lots of woodland so this is why I need to make a special journey to somewhere a bit different :)

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 01:42 PM
I would love to but have no transport, plus I'm pretty sure my ex-racer on the beach would be the least photogenic horse ever - he pulls some interesting faces when excited!

Oh what a shame you have no transport, he's beautiful! Awe!

Catg
8th April 2010, 01:43 PM
I'm in the East Midlands, North Nottingham. Afraid I don't have transport so couldn't get to the beech but we have some bridleways round here with lovely views if you can't find beechy people!

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/34ccba4e.jpg

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 01:51 PM
I'll certainly keep you in mind! That is a very nice view, and Nottingham isn't too far maybe just over an hour for me? (I'm in Staffordshire) and your horse also looks very pretty! :love: !

Maria1986
8th April 2010, 02:03 PM
Unfortunately, living in Oxfordshire means no beaches for me either. If you want to come and take schooling photo's or hacking photo's then I am happy for you to come here.

Catg
8th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks Lozzy, here's a few more pics to entice you :cheekywink:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/IMG_0432.jpg
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/Zebedee/IMG_0357.jpg

Cat x

daytona
8th April 2010, 02:35 PM
My word Cat Zeb looks amazing in that second photo he reminds me of my barbie horse when I was er younger...............

Lozzy ours are next to the 'attractive' river Ouse..............:p
Oh and we also have a pond nearby :cheekywink:

fell lover
8th April 2010, 03:39 PM
My word Cat Zeb looks amazing in that second photo he reminds me of my barbie horse when I was er younger...............

Thinking that myself :pmsl::pmsl:
Gorgeous picture - a little girls perfect dream horse picture!!

bimba
8th April 2010, 04:05 PM
Would be lovely to have transport! I am however only in derbyshire and have a v nice bridleway by the river if you run out of options! Good luck finding someone!

Catg
8th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Lol thanks girls! He is very sweet bless him, I'm always pottering about grooming him and doing plaits. I'm 30 going 13 :lol:

sorry to hijack your post Lozzy x

beks the artist
8th April 2010, 06:02 PM
Ohhhhhh me!!!!!!!!! I live in North Wales about 3 hours drive from Birmingham! We live near a beach right in the mountains of Snowdonia.

Dilbydoos
8th April 2010, 07:29 PM
Hi there

I would love to have this done with my horse!! I think he is very photogenic!! The problem BEACH!! Hmmmm!!

Now I could travel him to my parents on the norfolk coast but that would cost us both a huge amount!!

There are loads of Lakes in and around where I like (Milton Keynes) So there is a possible Idea...

What do you think?

Vicki

Lozzy_Photographer
8th April 2010, 07:44 PM
Beks and Dilbydoos - you both have a pm! :)

amandaco
8th April 2010, 11:13 PM
i have a beach that is a 10min drive from my horses :) :D
am based N wales/ wirral area. :)
YO maybe interested too she has lovely iberians who are very photogenic.

Bay Chaos
9th April 2010, 01:40 AM
Me!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm in Hampshire.... But I'm sure arabs on a beach would make a stunning picture!

Ambers Mum
8th August 2010, 12:39 PM
Lozzy, do you ever do event photography? We compete at The Gate Inn, Whitaker Heath and it never has a pro photographer which is a shame as the annual chairmans show would be brill if members could buy pro pics .......its the only local show I know without a pro on site