PDA

View Full Version : Who're you insured with?

Loony
11th April 2010, 12:04 PM
I only know NFU and Petplan..

I got a quote from Petplan and at first it was about 70 a month :eek: then I took away LOU and it only went down to 57 !! Get stuffed!

Emm
11th April 2010, 12:23 PM
All 3 of mine are with SEIB (South Essex Insurance Brokers). Have always found them very reasonable.

Loony
11th April 2010, 12:23 PM
Just got a quote from AFI something, and thats 37. Much better.

CityLights
11th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Thats insane! his value is about 3500? right, or thats about what you paid for him

Ollie is covered for everything excpet if i go cross country or hunting insured for 5000 including loss of use and his is 42.50 a month with Carridge House Equine Insurance, have delbt with them once and they were really good and quick to deal with

Elliebellie
11th April 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm with Scottish Equestrian, who have always been really good about paying out for vets bills etc and are really easy to deal with... Mine comes to 45 a month but that includes a trailer (which I think costs about a tenner a month)... LOU always hikes the price up and you have to wonder if you're better off trying to put the difference into a savings account just in case the worst should happen...

Starsky
11th April 2010, 12:48 PM
I am with NFU and it is 38 and i think Serens covered for pretty much everything (shes insured as a riding horse even though shes not backed yet lol!) and thats me insured aswel, Stars was about 35 i think ... but i know they pay up as we had to claim when Star had the tumour and they were fab, which is why i chose to put Seren with them x

beks the artist
11th April 2010, 12:52 PM
I am with Equestrian Direct, in Buckinghamshire. I have had all my horses insured with them, they always pay out, the phone gets answered straight away by someone who knows horses... they are a little expensive - I pay 116 a year per horse for third party, hospitalisation, loss of use etc but no vets as I have 5k tucked away in an ISA for emergencies.

When I had Jakes on vets as well it was 33 pm, he was insured for 1500.

beks the artist
11th April 2010, 12:54 PM
Oh and when Ellie had a puncherd sole and it got infected, she had to have a small operation, they paid out with no quibble 2k of vet bills. Also when she had to have another operation on her ears they paid out 1200 of vets bills. No problem.

I have heard good things about NFU as well.

funkyboots
11th April 2010, 02:20 PM
i looked arpund when i got merry but figured the credit card would take the brunt as none of the insurers seem to pay above her value for ops which seemed pointless. shes covered by our farm for getting out and causing anything major. but i can't see paying 35-40 quid a month for a foal is just stupid

amandaco
11th April 2010, 02:22 PM
petplan
LOU adds loads to the premium.
my lot are between 20-40 per month, but i dont insure tham for their full market value as the premiums for 3 would be silly.

My Crazy Clan
11th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Depends how much you are going to value him at, the cheaper you do it, the less your pay per a month, which is something i would do because no amount of money will replace your loved one.

Loony
11th April 2010, 04:01 PM
Cheers guys!

lilholley
11th April 2010, 05:14 PM
I'm petplan too. Am about to put a claim in soon so will let you know what they're like.
Bella's is 21 a month for 3rd party, vets up to 5k, death/theft, and my rider insurance.
Putting the tack on your house insurance might help a bit

Teej
11th April 2010, 06:02 PM
Stoneways - I chose this company as it was recommended to me by a broker. My main purpose is vet bills and have never had an issue claiming. I pay approx 35 / month per horse. I don't have LOU.

Pie_x
11th April 2010, 06:28 PM
I'm with Petplan! I only pay about 22.00 a month though x

gem
11th April 2010, 06:41 PM
I pay 28 a month for KBIS. Haven't had to claim yet but I've heard good things about them. Used to be with NFU, only changed because KBIS were a bit cheaper. Might change back to NFU when my policy is up for renewal.

Anni~Bell
11th April 2010, 07:04 PM
I only have dealings with NFU due to everything my aunties owns is with them including her cars, dogs, sheep, trailers etc and shes never said a bad word about them and when her dog needed 2 knee replacements at the age of 1 they paid out straight away :)

beenie
11th April 2010, 09:19 PM
if i get another horse/pony i will be going with NFU, as EandL ae a complete nightmare to deal with, i get my cheque for Jake next week, so ive been told and i know people who have had run ins with pet plan too, it took two and a half years for them to pay out for vets fees for my friends horse!!!

cocopops
11th April 2010, 09:31 PM
Im with KBIS, Coco insured for 3k.. anymore and premium goes up. He is insured for "accidental external and violent injuries only" for vets, which basically means anything with a surface wound, but no colic or tendons. I wouldnt put him through colic surgery anyway.
I have loss of use , and pay 20 a month

Welly
12th April 2010, 02:20 PM
Always have used petplan as they are brilliant at paying out if needs be..

bimba
12th April 2010, 02:31 PM
Both mine are with NFU, it's about 28 a month for the 2 of them. Macs insured for everything but LOU (think his is about 24) and TJ is insured for loss of animal and legal liability (his is only 90 for the year so doesn't add much).

amandaxx1
13th April 2010, 02:10 PM
Bertie is insured with NFU for 3500 - everything bus LOU and his is 30 a month, it started at 40 a month though when i first got him and it goes down every year

casper_cb
14th April 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm with NFU. I think they're the best and not had any trouble with them paying out. The longest I've waited for a cheque back has been 2 weeks.