PDA

View Full Version : Worst possible draw!

Jill
15th April 2010, 09:45 PM
Sophie's boss has had his number for Badminton - and he's going -

FIRST!

I know somebody has to be first, but it's a terrible draw. He won't be able to see how the course is riding or how anybody else is jumping or anything.
Still, at least he'll be able to take the rest of the day off.

Anni~Bell
15th April 2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah but then everyone has to match up to him when he rides well ;)

lilholley
15th April 2010, 10:36 PM
Ooh scary stuff! Good luck to him :)

lilholley
15th April 2010, 10:37 PM
ps I'm a fan of Badminton on facebook and they put up a picture of Pippa Funnel stood next to one of the jumps - I don't know how tall she is but it makes her look like a Borrower! The jump is huuuge!!

CityLights
16th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Oo that will be tricky for him, but i suppose everyone will watch him though so we will probably get to see him on TV

Jill
16th April 2010, 11:21 PM
Yes, Sophie says he should be on TV as he's the first. It's Dan Jocelyn, if you want to know who to look out for.

lilholley
16th April 2010, 11:38 PM
If we make it through the traffic jam early enough, I will watch out for him! What are his colours and what colour is his horse? x

funkyboots
16th April 2010, 11:44 PM
well the ground won't be ruined and my riding instructor told me the first rider sets the pace but never wins....and guess what...i whooped thier rears! (helps if your on the ridingstables owners old eventer but ssshhhhhh

Lesley_78
16th April 2010, 11:44 PM
Oh I would be a nervous wreck. good luck to him!

Jill
17th April 2010, 08:38 AM
No idea what his colours are - I'll have to look it up - the horse is a dark bay, called Special Attorney.

casper_cb
28th April 2010, 08:33 PM
Good luck to him. At least going first he'll only be able to ride his own line rather than be influenced by how other have ridden, for better or worse, he'll be able to stick to his plan, he's been there before with the same ride and knows how the ground rides. I guess too going first at least he'll have his start time and know he'll be starting then.

Good luck to him and his GG.