PDA

View Full Version : Finding horse transport

naurarwen
25th April 2010, 12:06 AM
Hi guys as you know I'm in the Blackpool area, but I found out on Thursday Tillie is going to need to go into the vets to have nerve blocks, and possibly xray and ultrasounds. Only issue is my vets is closer to Preston and we have no transport at the moment. We've had a few erms and maybes from people but we're not sure yet how soon they are going to want her in and other than Stanah I was wondering if anyone knows of any horse transportion people. We were quoted about 100 from Stanah and was just looking for price ranges and stuff like that.

BEX101
25th April 2010, 07:52 AM
i cant remember the web site (you'll have to google) but there is a site that loads of companies are members of. you put your details in once and they all send quotes to you.

naurarwen
25th April 2010, 11:41 AM
Awesome thats great, thanks Bex will have a look. One of my friends dads said he will see if his van will pull the trailer but atleast I have another option just in case.

My Crazy Clan
25th April 2010, 03:00 PM
Can you drive? they do self hire trailers and boxes which are around 35 a day.

CityLights
25th April 2010, 06:49 PM
100 seems alot to me!
Poor tillie hope its ok
There is blue rose in garstang and thats all i can think of close by i dont know if manchester horse transporters would come out but they are really nice people, can you not blag a lift off someone on the yard?

naurarwen
25th April 2010, 11:12 PM
Can drive but not done the test for the trailer Rhea.

Blue Rose not heard of them but will look them up. We're trying to blag a lift from someone on the yard but no one really has a decent trailer, we may have one guy but it would be using the yard owners trailer and he's not sure if his van will tow it. The vet is ringing me tomorrow with the prices so will be able to ask him when we can sort it out after I know how much and when. Just hope he can possibly get the time off work to take her.

helena
9th May 2010, 02:35 PM
If you ever need to hire again, barlow trailers in preston hire out self drive trailers and 3.5 tonne wagons.

Sasca
9th May 2010, 04:34 PM
if you type in 'horse transport quotes', the first option is a site that gives you a list of loads of different companies that work in the different area along with their details…its horsetransportsearch