PDA

View Full Version : Can I send saddle back?

chescar
26th April 2010, 10:09 PM
Got new saddle fitted by master saddler. After 2 days its slipping side to side.

Where do I stand to get a refund or different saddle?

Its making me reaaly anxious and lossing sleep over it

Catg
26th April 2010, 10:27 PM
I would call them back and explain the problem, I would expect them to come back out again free of charge to check it again and watch you ride in it. From there either adjust it or offer you a different saddle to try.

At the end of the day they have sold you a product that is not doing its job as expected so it's their responsibility to resolve it.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

x x Helen x x
26th April 2010, 10:43 PM
they should exchange it, was talking to my saddler today, shes left me with one but has said she can take it back if theres any problems. Ifs it not fitting it needs to be sorted

on the legal side you can return it within 7 days anything wrong or not and have a refund or exchange.

Teej
27th April 2010, 01:12 AM
I'm sure they will change it for you if thats what you want. I must admit that if it were me and I was happy with the saddle otherwise, I would use an anti-slip pad. I don't think I could ride without my Barnsby grip pad :)

My Crazy Clan
27th April 2010, 03:35 PM
Could it be as little as the girth not done up enough? If not I would phone him back.

chescar
27th April 2010, 08:38 PM
Girth was done up. It also had dropped closser to his withers.

My Crazy Clan
27th April 2010, 10:43 PM
Mmm doesn't sound like it fits him every well then.

chance encounter
27th April 2010, 11:06 PM
You should get the saddler out straight away and they will make the necessary alterations. If it doesnt fit properly then they will have to adjust it. Obviously if it is their mistake then they should give a refund but I doubt you would get one as they will want to adjust it first. Where did you go, pm if you dont want to say online as I know you were searching for a saddler over your end?

When we got our saddle made to measure the saddler came and fitted it to Darli, BCE didnt feel right in it and he put more flock in there and then which made her feel a whole lot better.