PDA

View Full Version : RIP Desert Island, lost at Badders

RacingGirl
2nd May 2010, 08:40 PM
Louisa Lockwood lost this beautiful mare at badder at the Huntsman (fence 9)

They are holding a investigation into it...

Gillian
2nd May 2010, 09:22 PM
Oh my goodness, I missed that, stopped watching at about 2pm. How terrible, what happened? So very sad. There did seem to be quite a few horse falls this year.

scewae
2nd May 2010, 09:30 PM
According to H&H she broke her leg on landing, RIP DI

daytona
2nd May 2010, 09:47 PM
It was an horrendous fall. We were at the fence when it happened.
An absolute tradgedy.
The horse totally shattered its leg.
RIP xxx

RacingGirl
2nd May 2010, 09:53 PM
my friend wrote this on her fb:
was very sad to be standing at Huntsmans when it claimed the life of a beautiful mare...and angry that no one held her so she tried to run with a broken leg. Very very distressing for all concerned.. Louisa was last known to be in with the Red cross and minor injuries..

Edited to say Louisa is local to me

chescar
2nd May 2010, 09:54 PM
I was there but fortunately didn't see any falls.
Such a shame.

funkyboots
2nd May 2010, 10:25 PM
i was watching then popped out to see mine and when i came back everyone had stopped, the TV lot did'nt mention anything else...so sad :(

joolz68
2nd May 2010, 10:50 PM
i just read on h & h forum off someone claiming to be a friend of louises that the mare broke its neck not her leg ?? friggin sad either way :(

Catg
3rd May 2010, 12:06 AM
Gosh that's awful the poor mare. RIP x

Meeny Miny Mo
3rd May 2010, 11:46 AM
I was at Badminton but didnt see the fall. How tragic. I did see a couple more falls though although none serious

claire777
3rd May 2010, 05:52 PM
Very sad, I walked past that fence just after it happened and saw the horse ambulance there with the screens up :(

RIP Desert Island

Jill
3rd May 2010, 05:58 PM
What a rotten piece of luck. I thought it was a challenging but fair course and it did not seem like a dangerous one, even though I hate seeing falls - I suppoe sometimes you are just unlucky, and horses' legs are exactly the wrong design for some of these stresses.

lilholley
3rd May 2010, 07:23 PM
Ohh how sad.. We were further on along the course at the time, there was a long hold up and we heard something about the horse ambulance.
I felt really sorry for the guy who was held on the course for so long - Gianluca something? You could tell it had unsettled them both a lot..

gem
3rd May 2010, 10:05 PM
How awful :( RIP lovely horsey xx

amandaxx1
3rd May 2010, 10:59 PM
What a shame. RIP xx