PDA

View Full Version : loan didnt work out!

chaz666
8th May 2010, 11:25 AM
i put my youngster on loan at the begining of march, everything was going fine and she loved him untill she moved him to a different yard and he spooked at sheep and reared... now she's refusing to ride him because he's too big for her and she cant handle him...

she knew he was going to grow because he's only 4.. and he's too big for her after 2 months of him being with her.. surely he's not grown that much?
she also knew that he wasnt going to be straight forward what with him only litterally just turning 4 and having done virtually nothing

she gave me 30 days notice which i said is fine.. but she's refusing to ride him or do anything with him so has left me in a difficult position as i now have to find him a stable as there isnt one where i keep my other horse!

now i dont know if i should put him out on loan again or keep him at home as going to be worried about it happening again

funkyboots
8th May 2010, 02:50 PM
difficult, perhaps someone more expirienced with bringer youngsters on would be betterl. has he got potentional? how big is he.....would suit a confident teen to bring on and show(preferably with her own yard..lol) did you get any other offers?

chaz666
9th May 2010, 02:29 PM
he's got lots of potential, he's about 16hh now according to the loaner (i havent got him back till tuesday but he was 15.2hh when i put him on loan in march)

he's already done the basics, popped coloured fences, and he came 6th 2 weeks ago in future competition horse out of a big class at his first show.

when i advertised him originally my phone was non stop, even had people interested in buying him, i turnt down a 16yo that was training with tim stockdale (apparently) as i liked the way his current loaner handled him.

i would prefer to part loan him but dont know how i'd go about that? or loan from my yard but doubt anyone would want to!

funkyboots
9th May 2010, 05:31 PM
oh,they might go for it! yard got a notice board ?(i read my earlier post and did'nt understand it! lmao)

they could have him for 2 or 3 days at say 30 quid a week, then if they want him at weekends for shows etc you could do a proper agreement...you could put a ad in the paper too! i'm sure some on here do shares in a yard?

chaz666
10th May 2010, 05:16 PM
grrr soo annoyed! she said she'd bring him back today as she's refusing to ride him or do anything with him... then it was tomorrow.. and now he's not coming back till the weekend some time. so he's just sat doing nothing for another week and i'd just paid this weeks rent on his stable!

sorry rant over lol.. just soo annoyed!

but thats a good idea funkyboots. might put a few ads around in local shops and see what interest i get!