PDA

View Full Version : Conformation?

Loony
21st May 2010, 09:01 PM
Not sure if this is okay since he's not stood square?
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x271/g167/bailey/Dscf0706y.jpg

If not then there's this one but he's under saddle..
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x271/g167/bailey/Dscf1282y.jpg

rowy
21st May 2010, 09:05 PM
i think once he gets more muscle especially in his hind quarters it will really make a difference to his conformation. he is well built and in the square as people put it.
only slight down points to me are the front feet are a little flat and the hind fetlocks are a little too high sloping. wont matter much unless you want to do grand prix dressage :P
he has a lovely set on neck though :D can't ait to see the difference once you've built up his fitness and muscle :D

Loony
21st May 2010, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah, I just presumed conformationally he'd be quite shocking (I'm useless at seeing the less obvious things), most appys and appy X's seem to have bad confo which is why I wasn't out looking at spotted horses every weekend when I was looking for a horse, they all looked awful.

So I'm pleased my big man is nicely put together :) thanks x

IcarusGirl
22nd May 2010, 10:40 AM
He'll look a different hoss when he's lost the weight. Generally he's a nice looking horse, theres nothing that makes me go JESUS!!!

He's got slightly straight shoulders and a bit of a low set on neck, His front feet look quite flat and his back pasterns a bit upright. He has a nicely set on tail, and nice hindquarters, although they lack muscle right now. His neck will become a very nice shape with correct schooling, which you are working on. He has a nice length of rein and his back is neither too long nor too short.

Generally he's very smart. There's nothing conformationally to stop him doing dressage, showjumping, showing, hacking.... whatever you want really! :lol:

My Crazy Clan
27th May 2010, 06:17 PM
I think hes lovely :) BB's apppy doesn't seem to have bad confo.