PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Kaya at somerford park :) so so proud

amandaco
24th May 2010, 08:06 PM
went to somerford this weekend for camp with Kaya my 6 year old. and we had a fab time!

got loads of pics but only put these on the computer so far

shes only had one jumping lesson in her life where we did pole work and barely raised poles.
had a jumpies lesson this weekend and she loved it- flew em all and was really pulling me into the fences. did a mini course of 4 jumps :)
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/kayasmum/may%202010%20end/Kayasomerford2010jump3.jpg

had 2 flat lessons and her paces really shone- her back left lovely and she was really sitting more and lifting her shoulder. we collected the trot a little on the short sides and did a stonking medium on the long sides. only got pics of the short sides though!
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/kayasmum/may%202010%20end/Kayasomerford2010trot2.jpg

went around the farm ride too- had to get a lead from our even more junior companion through the water with no hesitation and then decided to go snorkling by dunking his entire head in there lol.
but she went in after a few mins and didnt try to roll.
went up and down tiny steps.
then we let them have a long steady canter up the hill and pushed into a little gallop on the steeper bit- Kaya loved it- got into a lovely ground eating rhythm then she saw a gap and went for it and pulled a little so we came back down to walk on a loose rein.

travelled really well too, even on the M6 traffic jam on the way there.

so proud of her as it was the longest journey shes travelled, she was good as gold in her overnight stabling and shes so honest with her jumping!and it was sweltering!
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww161/kayasmum/may%202010%20end/Kayasomerford2010.jpg

Puss in boots
24th May 2010, 08:12 PM
Bet your very proud, she looks great :D

bimba
24th May 2010, 08:13 PM
She is absolutely stunning! I love the farm ride there, haven't been round for a few years but always had fun when we did!

Poppy and Harmony
24th May 2010, 08:13 PM
She looks really really fab :)

My Crazy Clan
24th May 2010, 08:14 PM
well done, shes flying! lovely photos.

amandaco
24th May 2010, 08:48 PM
She is really gorgeous and going so nicely. The dark colouring riound her eye makes her look unusual and mysterious. I love your bridle too!

its only sweat lol. :pmsl: it was sweltering as our lessons were 11-12 and boy we worked hard! she was very forward and off the leg 99% of the time, i was the one lagging a little :ashamed:

banjo
24th May 2010, 08:49 PM
very nice pictures. :D

Catg
24th May 2010, 09:07 PM
Ooooh she is lovely!

Cobby Keri
24th May 2010, 09:25 PM
wot a little star

Horse Mad Mum
24th May 2010, 09:29 PM
lovely pics thanks for sharing and well done sounds amazing HMM X

XenaWarriorPrincess
25th May 2010, 10:26 AM
Lovely pictures! She is stunning!

gem
25th May 2010, 10:38 AM
She looks great!! I'm hoping to get to Somerford sometime over the summer. Not sure we'll be doing much of the jumping but the farm ride will be good :)

Starsky
25th May 2010, 11:32 AM
wowowowowow she looks amazinngggg! x

lilholley
25th May 2010, 12:04 PM
She is looking fantastic - what a good girl in that heat too. Me and Bella would have been wilting! x

africa
25th May 2010, 12:10 PM
She's lovely, sounds very mature for a baby

amandaxx1
25th May 2010, 12:36 PM
Wow she's lovely, bet your so proud x

CityLights
25th May 2010, 03:28 PM
I love sommerford i am there next week working and the weekafter for young riders camp

was it one of the camps active rider does? the woman was so annoying she did the first BYRDS camp this year and wasnt asked to do the others lol,

she looks really good and smart, who were the trainers you had?

amandaco
25th May 2010, 08:23 PM
thanks all, i was mega proud of her :)

can defo recomend somerford, it is brilliant. the YO is slightly scarey if you meet her but thats ok as it means the place is really well run :) we had an excellent time.

the farm ride is all optional jumps and there is something for everyone.

it was with a riding club, they do the camp yearly.

am thinking about doing an active rider camp as it was brilliant to use all the facilities- its just that bit too far travelling not to stay overnight or 2 nights..... do you go on the active rider camps?

trainers were Debbie Jones, Kate Taylor and Bianca Bairstow.

CityLights
25th May 2010, 08:27 PM
I dont do the active rider camps I do the BD young rider ones but they got Active rider in to do the last one, the woman was sooo annoying, she emailed mum like a million times asking the same stuff and when you were there she was like perstering you to go talk to the baileys woman and talk to the massage guy and go do some tack cleaning with NAF i got annoyed by her lol

amandaco
25th May 2010, 08:36 PM
tack cleaning?!?!?! erm think i will give that one a miss LOL.

BEX101
25th May 2010, 11:08 PM
Sounds like you had a good time!

Evening Star
26th May 2010, 01:50 AM
she is looking yum yum! I think I may have to steal her and turn her into an eventer :lol: