PDA

View Full Version : First time Loan ranger

welshone
31st May 2010, 11:53 PM
Hello All,
I think I've found a pony to loan but would be grateful of advice of you lot who are more experinced than me ! I am in my early 30's and been riding for about a year and a half, Im 5ft 3.5 and a bit under 9st. Pony I've found is 5 mins away in a fab yard with 8 acers. He 13.3h gelding, 14 year old and is a piebald . He is blind in one eye but apparently this does not effect him . I plan to ride him out this week to see what he is like. He seems very laid back and likes to be groomed and I really like him. Im looking for something to gain knowledge from, hack out on and to love and look after. I like to give it some wellie now and again so don't want a total plod but neither do I want something that will tank off up hill and down dale!

Anni~Bell
1st June 2010, 01:13 PM
He sounds good :)
I used to ride a pony which had one eye and my friend used to compete him in show-jumping and it never affected him :)

BEX101
1st June 2010, 02:09 PM
Sounds like a good sort for yoy. See how he is when you ride. Is he for full or part loan?

welshone
1st June 2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys due to ride him tomorrow so we'll see how he is . Loan can be full or part which ever suits me. Fingers crossed he's good because I've bonded with him !!!

CautionToTheWind
3rd June 2010, 08:08 PM
Let us know how it goes :)

BEX101
3rd June 2010, 08:12 PM
How did your ride go?

welshone
3rd June 2010, 11:27 PM
hi, ride went well but not sure he's the best to hack out alone as he may be a bit jumpy. Mind you there are lot's of other girls to hack out with always. He had a nice fast trot which was fun !! He has a great temprement too. Just having the jitters about the commitment now, I think this half term with the children has made me wonder if I have the time for a full term loan. Maybe a share with the owner would be better, sharing costs ? what do you think ?

beks the artist
27th June 2010, 01:59 PM
If you are still looking PM me, I am looking for someone to hack out with me once Jakes is sound again. Boring riding by myself (I have two Cobs, pretty saine)

Moa
28th June 2010, 02:57 PM
Glad to hear you've found a pony to share/loan, Welshone! Hope it all works out for you :)