PDA

View Full Version : Fair price for part loaning Mitch?

BEX101
8th June 2010, 09:29 AM
When we were looking for a pony it was always my intention to part loan it out. Rosie is only 2 herself and is never going to give him all the exercise he needs (and until money sorts itself out i'm not going to be able to afford a cart etc)

I was thinking 2/3 days a week for another tiny tot to ride him. That way i get a couple off days off myself as well.

He's not insured at the moment so i'd have to sort that.

What would you pay for you 2-5 year old to get to mess around with and ride Mitch(on the lead) a few times a week?

Not the best of pictures - but this is "Lala" about to go down the slide.......

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab346/becksway1/Rosie%20and%20Mitch/Photo-0407-1.jpg

joolz68
8th June 2010, 01:07 PM
i was paying 15 pwk which i thought was reasonable because of the price of riding lessons these days plus i was looking out for the owners other two but that was my choice i enjoyed it, it was on field with shelters not livery so maybe you would want more depending on your costs x

BEX101
8th June 2010, 02:29 PM
i was thinking 15 a week. he's got stable ant turn out. he's pretty much out but i try and give him 2 nights in a week just to control the belly. He needs checking everyday because of his sweet itch and in the winter i would expect his jobs to be done on their days

how many days did you have yours? i thought 2/3 days but is it cheeky to ask 15 for 2 days but have 2 diferent lots of people (ie - get 30 for 4 days?)

joolz68
8th June 2010, 09:35 PM
i had star all week but didnt do much with her really(then found out she was lami prone) and i was feeding the others she had aswell but the field was just up the road so it was ideal for me n the kids plus it got me bak into the horsey world and i now own 2 of my own which wasnt what i was expecting :rofl: youl find someone whos suitable :)and your ponys adorable xx my jessie wants a shetland but i darnt buy another yet!good luck x id loan from you if i was near you as my 2 ponys need breaking so ive got a fun 12 months ahead:):scared: x

BEX101
8th June 2010, 09:41 PM
Good luck with the breaking. There must be plenty of loaning oportunities near you. We're from near Glossop and you couldnt go anywhere without falling over a pony

joolz68
8th June 2010, 09:58 PM
nice one my sister lives on hadfield rd and works at glossip caravan prk:) im over near the nottinghamshire border about 70 mile away near alfreton but i dont drive so loaning away from the village im in is difficult,i was lucky to find someone so close that needed help as they worked full time so it suited us both as i dont work and have time :) so you could prob look for a house wife with a pre schooler or older who has time on her hands :) we all know how stir crazy you can go sat in the house bored with or without a youngster:) xx

BEX101
11th June 2010, 04:16 PM
I've put an advert on preloved tp part loan him and he's getting loads of "hits" on his ad. The problem with preloved is that unless you have a paid membership you cant respond to ad's for about a week. Fingers crosses this time next week i'll be inundated with people wanting to part loan him.

scewae
12th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Ooh if only you were closer i would have bitten your arm off to part loan.

BEX101
12th June 2010, 07:28 PM
Ooh if only you were closer i would have bitten your arm off to part loan.

yep - a bit of a drive to ours from you :D