PDA

View Full Version : They Came To Try Charlie

Jessica
13th June 2010, 07:59 PM
Well, the young girl and her mum came to try out Charles this evening. They were both lovely and the girl was a wonderful rider, put me to shame :o She seemed to like Charlie, had a huge grin on her face afterwards and said that he was "absolutely brilliant". He behaved himself very well, he was as calm as he can possibly manage to be, and we put up a little jump (so i could check she could control him when he was more excitable) and he popped over it nicely for her, lovely and controlled and she seemed very comfortable on him from what I could see. She has some specially designed reins to help with her disability which is the thing I was most concerned about as i didnt know how he'd cope with stange tack, but he honestly didnt seem to notice it at all :)

So, just decision time now I guess..!

bimba
13th June 2010, 08:02 PM
She sounds great!

CityLights
13th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Excellent, horses are fabulous at adjusting for riders with disabilities, one of our horses at work went to a para rider and she does excellently with her, she is severly disabled and the horse behaves so well and does so brilliantly for her its incredible

My Crazy Clan
13th June 2010, 11:49 PM
great news :)

Moa
14th June 2010, 02:31 PM
I read your other thread about that to charge and can see that it seems to have worked out. Excellent news :)