PDA

View Full Version : Back in action

gem
13th June 2010, 08:18 PM
Well today me and Saffy went to our first show in a month. I wasn't expecting much because she's only been back in full work for a few days after 2 weeks off but she loves the atmosphere and travelling etc and seeing as I'd had the box booked for a month I decided to still go.

I won't go into too much detail, don't want to bore you to death. She was an angel. Didn't put a foot wrong and behaved impeccably throughout. Considering her time off she went very well in all our classes. Not as good as before her time off, but that's to be expected. I also didn't want to push her too much seeing as she was a bit rusty.

First class was novice/green horse. Didn't have any time to warm up because it took us longer to get loaded than planned (friend's horse). She did an ok individual show, a bit slow off the leg. Came 4th out of 8.

Second was senior equitation. I was very pleased with her in this and felt she went well and let me ride nicely (if that makes sense). I think the result is best demonstrated in pictures...

See the horse facing a different way to everyone else? (not me..duh)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3847.jpg

Oooh flicky toes Saffy!! (note aforementioned horse is now facing the other way)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3848.jpg

Here we are again (oh look now horsey is facing yet another direction)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3849.jpg

This is the final lineup. I was 6th out of 6. The chestnut next to me came 2nd but wouldn't stand still and leapt out of the lineup, hence where it is stood. Who came 1st I hear you ask? That would be the chestnut in the above pictures. Unfortunately, it was unable to be in this picture of the final lineup because it was reversing into the hedges behind us and throwing in the odd rear.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3852.jpg

I don't suppose I need to say I didn't agree with the judge's decision one bit.

Next was riding club horse which I was really worried about :lol: I was convinced she was going to refuse the tiny jump. Needn't have worried, she was fab! Even included a leg yield and rein back because we were told to show off things that made them a 'riding club horse'. We came 2nd, losing out to a gorgeous haffy who was obviously brilliantly schooled etc. She went on to win the championship so not too worried about that :D

Finally was ridden coloured. The gymkhana was in full swing in the next ring and the sack races consisted of kids jumping about in very rustly plastic bags, lots of screaming etc. She stared at them like they were aliens then got down to work :) It was a tough class with some nice horses in and we came 4th. Again I didn't agree with the judge. 1st should've come 3rd, 2nd should've come 5th, 3rd should've come 1st and I think I should've come 2nd or 3rd. But hey, you win some you lose some. If she wanted to place something that went round like a giraffe over a gorgeous trad cob that went round beautifully then she could.

So yes, overall very chuffed with Saffy pony :)

Aaand exteeeeeend :)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3850.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3863.jpg

:love:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3864.jpg

And finally, being a loon in the lap of honour :lol:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/biteme86/DSCN3868.jpg

Thanks for looking :) Sorry for waffling!

beks the artist
13th June 2010, 08:26 PM
Oh dear that chestnut who wouldn't stand still came 1st in the senior equitation??!!!

Judge obviously knew them.

But you and Saffy look great so thats all that matters :) xx

BEX101
13th June 2010, 08:28 PM
Looking good as usuall.

CautionToTheWind
13th June 2010, 08:28 PM
I love the pictures and the comments on the chestnut! :lol:

Twizzel
13th June 2010, 08:31 PM
Isn't equitation based on the rider not the horse, hence if the rider on the chestnut rode it well and handled its misbehaviour appropriately that's why they won...

Bek B
13th June 2010, 08:33 PM
Nice to see you both again!

Hurumph! I can undertand why you're mifed re the chestnut. How can a naughty horse get placed first let alone above the impecably mannered Miss S. I'd say better luck next time, but it sounds like you need better judge next time!

gem
13th June 2010, 08:35 PM
Isn't equitation based on the rider not the horse, hence if the rider on the chestnut rode it well and handled its misbehaviour appropriately that's why they won...

If you can't get your horse to stand still in a lineup or in front of the judge I'd say you're not that brilliant. It's 75% rider and 25% way of going.

gem
13th June 2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys :) She seemed to have a thing for chestnuts I think, noticed a few weird placings throughout the day. Never mind! At least I know Saf went well :)

piccolo
13th June 2010, 09:10 PM
Looking lovely as usual! Shame about some of the placings by the judges, never mind though.:)

Emm
13th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Ferdie and that chestnut have something in common today as we seemed to have a similar problem :evilgrin: bad case of fidgetitus :lol:

Glad to hear Saffy is recovered and your out and about again. I really hope i can be where you are with Saffy one day in the near future with Colby as i think you have done really well with her :)

amandaxx1
13th June 2010, 09:38 PM
Lol at your commentry of the chestnut!!! Did it go well in its show? Other than arsing around int he line up..

Well done, Saf looks gorgeous x

Frankie
13th June 2010, 09:41 PM
Firstly I think you deserve a big fat red rossette for getting your horse so sparkly white lol!

Saffy is looking fantastic! Love how pleased with herself she looks in the lap of honour lol

gem
13th June 2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Amanda - It went ok but seemed very slow off the leg. I'd much rather be penalised for having a perfectly behaved horse than get rosettes for having one prat about :)

gem
13th June 2010, 09:45 PM
:lol: Frankie I thought exactly the same after spending hours getting her clean yesterday only to find her with the standard poo stain under her rug this morning. She loves her laps of honour. All schooling flies out the window!

annmarie
13th June 2010, 09:55 PM
well done you two and saffy looks great xxx

My Crazy Clan
13th June 2010, 11:23 PM
Oh well never mind at least you got placed and had the experience.

Zeitgeist Mom
14th June 2010, 12:08 AM
I actually thought to myself, 'gee, I feel sorry for the girl on the chestnut,' thinking what an awful day she was having. How on earth could that win?? That's why I don't do showing :lol:. I think you guys looked amazing. You would have got my vote for sure!

daytona
14th June 2010, 08:14 AM
Ah shes looking great Gem. Glad shes a lot better. Hurumph I'd be a tad peeved at that chestnut too bit unfair that.
Love that last one of her its like oooo its daddy Ross I can sees him now pose for camera.....

gem
14th June 2010, 12:28 PM
:lol: Jane I'd have been throwing all my toys out of the pram at that!! I heard a lot of complaints about the various judges actually. One girl on the gorgeous haffy that beat me in riding club horse threw a right hissy fit when she came 6th in large M&M. The judge said it was 'because she was a haflinger'. You should've been there to lamp her!!

Thanks everyone :) I'm immensely proud of my girl and just appreciate her so much for being so sensible and a credit to herself. As I say, I would much prefer her to be like that and get lower placings than something that prats about all day. She's a pleasure to show and I love her to little dotty pieces :)

Jane (Daytona) - You're so right :lol: She's the biggest flippin poser when she wants to be!

smellycat
14th June 2010, 02:41 PM
well done! i love seeing your progress with saffy :)

Poppy and Harmony
14th June 2010, 06:00 PM
Can Saffy give Harmony a show manners talk please Gem :lol:

I have a feeling H is going to be a pickle, and I want her to be like Saff :o

gem
14th June 2010, 06:13 PM
:lol: You never know she might surprise you! Excitability is good for your individual show, could produce some flashy paces! She should know that spanish walks in the lineup will not earn you extra marks though :lol:

Poppy and Harmony
14th June 2010, 06:26 PM
It won't be spanish walk.. it will be airs above the ground, like the lippazaners do :pmsl: