PDA

View Full Version : Loaning questions......

BEX101
16th June 2010, 11:21 AM
I may have found someone to loan Dancer. She is looking to put her in foal by AI the first week of July. She's not bothered by having a later foal as she wants to keep the foal for herself.
Obviously she will need to travel with her passport (prof company taking her) and she loaner offered to send the passport back to me for safe keeping but am i right in thinking she needs to keep hold of it?

Anni~Bell
16th June 2010, 11:27 AM
Yep she does need to keep hold of it but I would personally photocopy it for yourself so you have a copy of it :)

BEX101
16th June 2010, 11:30 AM
Yes - i'm scanning it into the computer. I've got loads of pictures of her but yesterday we were taking pictures of all her marks and scars too.

Anni~Bell
16th June 2010, 11:31 AM
Sounds like a good idea because if anything were to happen (and I hope it never does) you've got really good back up.

BEX101
16th June 2010, 11:36 AM
I know its a risk but she's worth peanuts and could end up anywhere if i sold her. This way i still own her and can step in if it all goes pear shaped.

Anni~Bell
16th June 2010, 04:12 PM
Do the same with her tack, rugs, anything that goes with her? Just things I would do before a horse went out on loan :)

CityLights
16th June 2010, 08:31 PM
passports stay with the horse always and arent our property, or proof of ownership either really, any horse kept on livery or anything like that the passports should be kept on the yard