PDA

View Full Version : Before and After!

PatchworkPrincess
18th June 2010, 07:49 AM
Finally decided to to clip the scruffy feathers and start all over!! Can't wait for them to grow back but I still think my man looks sexy atm!! :D

From this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Coral_Reeves/BERTIE/Photo0568.jpg

To this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Coral_Reeves/BERTIE/IMG_1667.jpg

BEX101
18th June 2010, 08:01 AM
i like it :)

Anni~Bell
18th June 2010, 08:03 AM
How come you clipped them all off?
He does look smart though :)

IcarusGirl
18th June 2010, 09:57 AM
He looks smart - now hog him!!!

Loony
18th June 2010, 10:43 AM
He does look smart :) but :eek: at that tail!! Who did that!?

Autumn
18th June 2010, 11:34 AM
He looks good with his legs clipped, but I agree, clipped legs = hogged mane. What happened to his tail, why is it so short? He looks lovely by the way!! x

BossManTom
18th June 2010, 11:54 AM
Looking very smart now, although his tail is a bit severe lol someone got a bit carried away!! Love to see a smart looking cob though - lovely x

BossManTom
18th June 2010, 11:56 AM
ETA maybe he's just swung it?

IcarusGirl
18th June 2010, 12:18 PM
He does look smart :) but :eek: at that tail!! Who did that!?

Maybe he's driven?

Poppy and Harmony
18th June 2010, 12:45 PM
I prefer him with feathers, but still looks lovely!

I believe his tail was cut by the previous owners? I think I've read that somewhere. They seem to take ages to grow!

CityLights
18th June 2010, 12:50 PM
He looks like chescars troy now,

I prefer them without feather but would hog him if he was mine, but i dont like the hairy cob look

Chloe05
18th June 2010, 01:59 PM
no no no no no....what have you done to his feathers....noooooooo....i personally would of left them as they were as they would of evened out quicker than waiting for them to grow back...for a proper set of feathers on a traddy your looking at a year if not more for them to take full shape again...

he's to compact and short coupled for him to suit the clipped look in my opinion, much better as a full feathered and mane boy

but he's your boy,your choice...i luff's him anyway i think he's handsome no matter what and i cant believe what previous owners have done to his tail,, even as a driving cob i wouldnt dream of cutting it like that, i would have tied it up..

Twizzel
18th June 2010, 02:11 PM
Oooh much smarter, next step, hog him!!!! :D

My Crazy Clan
18th June 2010, 03:35 PM
omg how short is his tail!!!

lovely photos.

amandaxx1
18th June 2010, 03:55 PM
I think the mane has to come off now!!!

Why is his tail that short??

injioho
18th June 2010, 04:30 PM
Woahhh, what happened to his tail?!

I preferred him with feather :( He's too stocky to pull off clipped legs I think. I'd agree with the mane though, I like to see it all off or all left well alone on a cob, not half and half.

sazzy925
18th June 2010, 05:44 PM
Aww look at his tail :P - poor lad I bet you're looking forward to that growing back.

I agree he does suit his nice feather, but when they're uneven it's sometimes good to start again.

Louise
18th June 2010, 05:48 PM
Noooooooo hairy cob equals HAIR!!

Cobbie will be as hairy as possible LOL he will NEVER be clipped or hogged..It will break my heart just to trim his tail

PatchworkPrincess
22nd June 2010, 08:02 AM
Hey everyone only just got back online but here is the reply to all your questions!!

First the tail - His previous owner chopped it all off, I will never know or understand why, he has never been driven, just think maybe they were a bit mental!!

The legs - Have clipped to even out, also as they were VERY scurfy and dirty under all that hair and after quite a few baths I was never going to get it all out, so have just decided to start over!

The mane - I don't want to hog him as by the time his legs have grown back his mane will hopefully be even longer, and he will look really gorgeous then :)

Grey Haven
22nd June 2010, 08:12 AM
I clipped and hogged my boy last year because he had sweet itch. I love the sexy clipped cob look!

Bertie is gorgeous!

PatchworkPrincess
22nd June 2010, 08:35 AM
Aww Shaz thank you, I do love my Bert Monster!

vels mum
22nd June 2010, 12:53 PM
Wow at the tail, ive seen some short tails in my time but that one takes the biscuit.

I like your logic at not hogging him, by the time his feathers grow back you will have a beautiful flowing mane.

Lovely horse!!!

PatchworkPrincess
22nd June 2010, 01:01 PM
Vels!

I know, i knew the tail was bad but had no idea how bad and when I went to visit him OMG.....but it will grow, and it doesn't stop him being my dream horse :)

WeeB
22nd June 2010, 04:50 PM
thats the beauty of hair... it grows!!

He looks lovely!

B had a hacked mane and tail when i got him, it took about a year and a bit for his mane to grow back but it took about two years for his tail to sort itself out! (now he looks stunning tho!! :P)

Squid
22nd June 2010, 11:05 PM
His tail is mega short! arghh! He has a lovely face though.