PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Star

Catg
23rd June 2010, 09:02 PM
Helloo!

Thought it was about time I introduced you to Star. She is Zebedee's owners new horse. She is a 16'1 12 year old TB mare, she has raced in the past and has bred a few foals too.

You can just see from this pic that she has a long way to go yet condition wise but we are getting the slowly
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/Star/2783770a.jpg

She is very pretty isn't she
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/Star/86a8f693.jpg

and one if her in the field with her girlfriends, it's so nice to see her happy and relaxed.
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/Catghamlin/Star/198ac715.jpg

I spent the evening with her, gave her a nice groom which she enjoyed. I was pleased with her really as the owners have had some serious issues with her which we are overcoming with professional help. I have to admit I was a little wary grooming her, she has been known to kick and bite and lunge at you! She is the one I was talking about in my biting post the other day.

This time she was good though, she let me brush all her legs and her face which I was really pleased about. She moved about a bit when I did her tail but nothing major. She led really nice from and to the field, there was a lot more grass to eat on the journey so we took our time and I let her eat. She didn't drag me though and when I clucked my toungue and walked on she walked on calmly by my side.

I'm under no illusions that there's a long way to go with her rehabilitation but with the right help and a lot of patience I really believe she is going to be a pleasure. I can't wait to do a dressage test on her, maybe next year!

Thanks for looking

Cat x

gem
23rd June 2010, 09:28 PM
She's very pretty :) Best of luck with her. She'll look fab in the dressage arena!

Catg
23rd June 2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Gem! Yeah that's what I thought, can't wait! x

vels mum
23rd June 2010, 09:39 PM
EXCITING TIMES, she does look ribby but as you say with a careful diet and tlc im sure owner and you will make her into a little cracker.
She has a kind eye and sounds like she is appriciating your patience.
Does it feel strange working with a mare after only being used with Zeb?
I find them quite different!

Catg
23rd June 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks Lou, yes it's very different, her seasons come like clockwork and she gets very stroppy. They've put her on a supplement so hopefully it will help. What doesn't help is the farm next door having a stallion! It's only a miniture but he doesn't see it that way and their field back on to each other. I'm sure it doesn't help. I'm going to try really hard with her though, it's good experience for me too as you have to be on the ball when dealing wither her whereas with Zebedee it's the complete opposite. She made me realize how complacent I've become x

vels mum
23rd June 2010, 09:59 PM
haha nothing like a youngster to keep you on hyour toes! ;)

Am made up for you that you have her to work with, im sure your confidence will grow with her once you get to know her personality completely.

Your v lucky id love a horse like her to play with! :lol: ;)

Catg
23rd June 2010, 10:07 PM
She's no babe hunni she's 12! But yes in many ways I suppose it will be like dealing with a youngster, as she finds her feet she will try it on and we are going to have to keep drawing the line with her so she knows who's boss!

I'd love to do more with her but it's very hard when I have Zebedee to think about. He is my first priority and it's going to stay that way but it's hard to spare the time for her even if it's just a few hours. I take my hat off to you guys who have more than one horse to manage!

Cat x

My Crazy Clan
24th June 2010, 12:09 AM
she is a beauty! butter wouldn't melt :lol: sounds like your getting on ok with her at the moment.

Catg
24th June 2010, 01:59 PM
she is a beauty! butter wouldn't melt :lol: sounds like your getting on ok with her at the moment.

Very well said Rhea :lol: If I didn't know otherwise I would have said you knew her :lol:

toscana
26th June 2010, 10:32 PM
she's very pretty and sounds like she's definately got character. Hope everything goes well with her.

Teej
27th June 2010, 01:39 AM
As I said in my post on your 'biting; thread, ex racers need lots of patience and I'm glad it's paying off........ slowly but surely :)

BUT (there's always a but isn't there ! :lol: ) just when you think you're making progress, they do something that seems like a huge setback ! Continue to be patient and sympathetic and real progress will come :)

Catg
27th June 2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks Toscana.

Tracey, thanks I will remember that. I really hope she comes good but at least I have you to remind me it will never be plain sailing! I certainly won't ever let my guard down near her x

Burnie
28th June 2010, 10:08 PM
She's got a beautiful face :)

daytona
29th June 2010, 10:11 AM
Oh wow she is going to turn out just fab with some TLC and right feed.
She is lovely.

Ambers Mum
13th July 2010, 09:34 PM
I like her, my kind of mare!

Bethan
31st July 2010, 10:36 PM
she is beautiful and im sure she will look amassing in a dressage ring xx

Catg
31st July 2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks girls, owner had his first lesson on her lesson week, welcome to the world of aching muscles my friend!

doodledoo
3rd August 2010, 03:29 PM
star has a very pretty face, good luck for the future. :)