PDA

View Full Version : how did you all find you loan?

namtasha
24th June 2010, 09:38 PM
looking to loan , was loaning from riding school but not clicked with him and he is a sluggish riding school horse who hates being alone
i am in milton keynes bucks and am struggling to find anything
if anyone knows any good sites that would be mucho appreciated xx

CityLights
25th June 2010, 12:29 PM
I found Ollie on New rider, theres loads of adverts on there, mainly everything is just a good all rounder or younger horses that people want help breaking in but there is the occasioanly good horse

CautionToTheWind
26th June 2010, 12:23 AM
I put an ad on preloved and equine adverts, I could even show you it as its still there...
But I got 3 people contacting me and obviously now I'm part-loaning little Holly, so I thoroughly recommend it! Putting an ad advertising yourself saves you all the timewasting of searching through endless ads that are unsuitable for you :)

sazzy925
26th June 2010, 04:03 PM
Found shauny through word of mouth - though it was during holidays not all the time and it won't be for much longer.

I personally would never loan from a riding school, especially if the horse hadn't been out of the riding school for a good while - they completely change in persona when they leave what they know, and can go from slow sluggish horses to horses that are down right dangerous. Shauny was bad enough, but he was used to it and once he settled was fine.

Advertise and look every where online - put an advert out in your local tack shop and also check it regularly. The more you put your voice out, the higher chance is that when the perfect horse comes along you won't miss it.

Vodkagirly
25th July 2010, 09:40 PM
I looked at one horse via Preloved and the one I am taking was word of mouth - contact everyone you know who is horsey, anyone you have on facebook etc. Its amazing what you find out!