PDA

View Full Version : Dancer goes tommorow :-(

BEX101
6th July 2010, 08:31 AM
:( I cant believe that tommorow is the day :(

She getting picked up by Gillies sometime tomorrow (they are yet to call me about the time)

I'm off to the library in a mo to photocopy her passport as the scanner/printer has decided its not working this week.
Maybe i best go and give her a bit of a groom as well?!

With any luck she will be be put in foal by AI next week and they are then going to keep her for 2 foals. That makes foal number 2 weaned xmas 2012! Seems so long away!
Mid winter isnt exactly the best time to be taking a loan horse back but i think by then i will be more than itching to have her back in our little family.

Grey Haven
6th July 2010, 09:08 AM
Chin up Bex. You're doing what needs to be done and she IS coming back xxxx

Anni~Bell
6th July 2010, 09:27 AM
At least she is definatly coming back :)
Take lots of pictures too :)

GR & Me
6th July 2010, 09:45 AM
Good luck for tomorrow. She will be fine - at least you know you can take her back and she will be coming home to you!!

bimba
6th July 2010, 10:34 AM
Remember that she'll still be your girl! Enjoy your day with her xx

XenaWarriorPrincess
6th July 2010, 02:48 PM
*hugs* Good luck.
xx

BEX101
6th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Managed to spend an hour with her today. Today was a reminder of one of the reasons she's best off elsewhere at the moment.
Thought i better clean her up a little if she's going off on her holidays tommorrow so brought her in and gave her a bit of a bath. Rosie was happy enough messing with Mitch and Oliver was very patient sat in his buggy but once Oliver is fed up you've had it really and need to go. (he's only 8 months old) Luckily i'd just about finished rinsing her off when he started to scream so i just about managed to scrape her off and turn her back out as his screams got louder and louder.
With Rick away so much and family living too far away i've got the kids with me 24/7 and there's just no way i can manage with a "big" horse. By the time she comes back Rosie will be in full time school and oliver in nursey 2 1/2 days a week so very much more doable.

Anyway - some pictures in the field coming up......

Loumoo74
6th July 2010, 10:40 PM
Aww your amazing doing all that with 2 little ones. I gave up ponies altogether when I had my 2. The time will fly by after a while.
Hugs xxx

daytona
7th July 2010, 07:50 AM
Ah hun *big hugs* I really feel for you. You are doing the best thing by her and I hope it all goes smoothly xx
If you had been closer to Beverley I would have helped you out.

Grey Haven
7th July 2010, 09:56 AM
Oliver was very patient sat in his buggy but once Oliver is fed up you've had it really and need to go. (he's only 8 months old)

With Rick away so much and family living too far away i've got the kids with me 24/7 and there's just no way i can manage with a "big" horse. By the time she comes back Rosie will be in full time school and oliver in nursey 2 1/2 days a week so very much more doable.

I hear you on that one Bex - it's hard with family and military life at the best of times, let alone with two horses too - tell me about it!

You're doing the best thing for her and you - the time will fly! xxx

BEX101
7th July 2010, 12:12 PM
On a more positive note - the Gillies wagon was amazing! After he parked up the suspension at the back lowered tilting the whole wagon body so that the ramp was closer to the ground. Even though Dancer has always been a star to load i was a bit worried that she wouldnt go into something so shiny! (i neednt have worried - loaded like a pro)

XenaWarriorPrincess
7th July 2010, 05:29 PM
Glad she loaded ok!
Did you happen to see any of the other load?? We had 3 mini donks and a huge bay stay over night last night and wondered if they were heading the same way!!
xx

BEX101
7th July 2010, 06:30 PM
Glad she loaded ok!
Did you happen to see any of the other load?? We had 3 mini donks and a huge bay stay over night last night and wondered if they were heading the same way!!
xx

Didnt see what else was on (big full partitions) but i recon i'd heard if there were 3 donkeys on board! He had 1 more pick up from Whitby and then back to base.

My Crazy Clan
8th July 2010, 03:37 PM
Hope it went well x

BEX101
8th July 2010, 06:55 PM
She arrived at her new mums at lunch time today and her new mum is overjoyed with her. She hasnt really seen her properly and made the decision to have her mainly on photos.

Glad she likes her - a lot of money to spend to decide she's not really what your after.

GR & Me
8th July 2010, 09:27 PM
Really glad she travelled and settled well. Let hope she enjoys where she is until she can come back home to you.

Ambers Mum
13th July 2010, 08:56 PM
aww...I know how hard it is to let them go for a while but it really does fly xx