PDA

View Full Version : loaning a welsh A

kaya
15th July 2010, 11:17 PM
I have 2 Welsh A's just turned 4, my daughter has them walk trot and cantor as well as hacking out alone and in company with no problems. My daughter is 5ft 6 so and weighs 8 1/2 st II know that people are talking about her riding them so I am desperate to loan them out to someone who would be more suitable for them to ride. I have advertised one of them for loan to an experienced young rider but have not had one reply in the 3mths she has been advertised I have also only asked for a contribution of 10 per week any suggestions where would be best for me to advertise and exactly what I should put in my ad.

Anni~Bell
16th July 2010, 08:41 AM
Do you mean sharing or full loaning?? Because if you mean full loaning you don't ask for a contribution so I'm guessing you just want someone to ride them for you. Unfortunatly Welsh A's are just the wrong height for an experienced rider really and a lot of 'experienced' riders won't be wanting to ride a Welsh A. Its more people with young children who will stay on the lead-rein and just have a pottle about.
Place your ad on places like horsemart, horse hunter, tell your farrier and tell people on the yard that your looking for people so they can ask around for you. Place an advert in your local tack room as well and tell the people that own them as they often hear things and may know people.

BEX101
16th July 2010, 09:14 AM
Anni-bell is right, you're much more likely to get someone with a kid who goes on the lead. Plus there's nothing wrong with your daughter riding them. If you go to the big welsh shows more often than not you see a small adult/teenager showing them.
Advertise as suitable for experienced rider and leadrein. Your daughter could still ride occasionally to keep the schooling up.
It took a couple of months to find a sharer for my pony and she's paying 15 a week to ride 3 days.

Zeitgeist Mom
16th July 2010, 10:11 AM
I hope you have more luck than me. I advertised for a sharer for Silver, no money involved, and the only taker I got was a woman who was too big for him.

CautionToTheWind
20th July 2010, 08:57 PM
I would have them! I'm only 5ft 2!

Local tack shops are a good place to start, and you're asking a really nice price for them. I'm part-loaning a 12.2hh pony at the moment and the owner had the exact same problem as you, Holly's a bit too much for the kids she's sized up to be ridden by so I ride her and we are (touch wood) doing pretty great together, although I am a 17 year old riding an 11 year olds pony!

There are free advertising sites all around the web, Holly was advertised on equineads. I also advertised the fact that I was looking for a loan on there too, and I was one of many so you never know who you may find there.

Let me know how it goes! :)
xx

kaya
25th July 2010, 10:42 PM
I have advertised on equine ads and ad trader have also checked equine ads for someone looking for share/loan but the most popular sized pony wanted is 14.2 I had a woman desperately looking for our sized pony but unfortunately it had to be liveried at her yardt which would have meant me having to pay an empty stable so that if it didn't work out or loan ended when child outgrew I would still have my stable. Meghan will just need to keep riding. Thanks for your suggestions. Pity Tyne and Wear is too far if you ever feel like a wee day trip to Cumbernauld feel free to come ride Ria an Flora LoL :-)

CautionToTheWind
26th July 2010, 01:01 AM
Pity Tyne and Wear is too far if you ever feel like a wee day trip to Cumbernauld feel free to come ride Ria an Flora LoL :-)

Hahaa, thanks! :)

It is actually a huge shame, as I absolutely love Welshies!
I really hope you find someone like me where you are!

Rolo2010
29th July 2010, 04:19 PM
Hiya kaya which yard are they on as im in newcastle i can ask around a few people who i no that have kids and so on if it helps

kaya
29th July 2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Rolo, that is really nice of you, unfortunately we are in Cumbernauld near Glasgow. I'll keep adverising and hopefully someone will reply. We went horse viewing for my friend the other day and I tried asking on a few yards but same old reply nobody interested in ponies that small. thanks any way that was kind of you. x