PDA

View Full Version : Whats Dina worth? I need to redo her insurance I think!

Bay Chaos
26th September 2009, 11:48 PM
Whe I bought Dina in March, she was barely handled, now she is doing well, so I'm thinking she is very under-insured.

8 year old pure bred registered arabian mare with very good breeding (grandfathers on both sides very well known) 50% old english breeding / 50% russian

Has nice big floaty paces

Well handled, good to catch, lead, load. Getting there with farrier. can be a bit traffic shy, but takes to new situations easily, so with time, she should improve.

Proven herself at inhand showing at national level, and has qualified for ECAHO A class shows (internationals)

Backed this year and being ridden on, going nicely under saddle and on the bit etc. Hacking out nicely and could potentially be shown under saddle at national arabian shows next season (I've had someone offer and I'm thinking about it!).

All breeding swabs clear, due to be covered by arabian stallion next year.

Stands 14.3hh, no scars etc. very pretty. Good conformation, apart from one slightly boxy foot that will improve as she gets regular attention from the farrier (she didn't in her old home).

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/bridie2006/DinaSept09022.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g312/bridie2006/Dinashow016-1.jpg

ps... she's not going anywhere! Purely for her insurance, I love her way too much! :D

helena
27th September 2009, 06:10 AM
I would say about 1500. Arabs, even good ones are really cheap at the moment. There was one advertised recently that had been reserve national champion for 2500, and that was ridden and well schooled. Last time I looked on horsemart there were absolutely loads of them less than 1k, even ones with decent breeding.

casper_cb
27th September 2009, 09:06 AM
For insurance I never insure at value anyway to keep my premiums down, but then I don't insure for loss of use. I only think it's worth while insuring for value if you want to take out loss of use in which case your premiums will rocket out the roof. Whether I insure my horse for 800 or 5000 I still get the veterinary cover of 5000.

I'd have no idea on pricing arabs or smaller horses, so no help there.

CityLights
27th September 2009, 10:30 AM
depends on if you can afford the next step up insurance wise, personally we only cover for vet bills and seriously under insure for thier actual price as that is what can really rack up the premiums, Ollie is insured for 5000 despite him being a priceier horse than that

but the best way to try and work out how much to insure her for is how much would you need to replace her?

arabs are a tricky thing to price though, they are either cheap or serious money i find, i think its becasue some people really dont like them and then the ones that have done well are lots of pennies, she would easily be a 3000 horse i would say though, as she has done well in the inhand classes

mandy5775
27th September 2009, 08:14 PM
She's very sweet looking. If she were mine I'd insure her for around 2500 - 3000.

My Crazy Clan
27th September 2009, 10:13 PM
2500 - 3000