PDA

View Full Version : Sharer for young section A?????

Tiaki
4th August 2010, 12:33 PM
Not sure if I am going to pursue this or not, just thinking aloud really :lol:

Do you think there would be much demand from people wanting to share a section A (am thinking Dylan). I want Dylan to be doing more. I'm not looking to loan him out again but if a nice home came up then I would consider it. Basically Dylan is 4yrs old now. He has been lightly backed, ridden on the LR in walk a few times and is good as gold, honestly doesn't bat an eyelid, you would think he had been doing it for years :lol: He has shown and is registered. Very good manners, wouldn't hurt a fly, never kicks or bites, good to catch and with farrier. He is such a sweety and so rewarding to work with. Very intelligent and loves his work.

Would there be much demand?? Obviously with his lack of experience it's limiting but he really is such a good boy. I don't doubt for a second kids could ride him on the LR now but he needs schooling before they go off LR etc. Dylan lives out all year round so there isn't going to be any stable work to do. It would just be someone to come and basically ride as much as they like and pay a small amount towards his keep.

Thoughts guys??

xxx

doodledoo
4th August 2010, 05:35 PM
Why not give it a try? Put out an ad and you will soon see within a few weeks how much interest there is around. Just dont let anyone over-ambitious ruin him! Good luck with it, Dylan sounds like a nice,steady boy. :)

Tiaki
4th August 2010, 08:29 PM
That's the problem doodledoo - I don't want someone come and push him too hard. He is only young and it is easy to forget he is only 4yrs as he is so chilled out and takes everything in his stride. At the same time though I don't really want a total novice because Dylan needs to be educated. I can do all the groundwork (as I have) but am obviously too big to ride him. Would be nice for him to be ridden as he was such a star to be backed. He also adores long reining so I am in two minds to drive him, but again, it's a lot of money to spend when realistically I will only be driving him max of once a week due to having my hands full with Kiwi and Abbey.

With Dylan it really would be a case of whoever shares him, could come and ride him as much or as little as they want. I would have done anything to have something like that when I was little. It's just finding the right rider and would the right rider be interested??

xxx

Grey Haven
4th August 2010, 09:37 PM
If you can make him grow to 14.2hh my mate will take him!!

Vodkagirly
4th August 2010, 09:49 PM
It just takes one person in your area, matching what you want and you, what they want. Give it a try! Good luck

Tiaki
4th August 2010, 10:19 PM
:lol: shaz if he would grow to 14.2hh no way would I consider anyone on him but me :lol: He has such high showing potential! Would also make a fabby dressage ponio. He's very flashy and moves really well as well as being registered :p

xxx