PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma!


horseless
7th August 2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry, this is long so please bear with me:ashamed:

Hmm...last time I put an ad up looking for a sharer I only got one response that was from someone who was suitable. Wasn't expecting much more this time so when I had a lady text and then meet Hoover, all seemed well.
She came to have a look at him and seemed to like him. Shes been out of riding for a while as she has an 11 week old baby and has just started riding friends horses again. She wasn't a fabulous rider but seemed ok - I'm not the best and I'm not judging her.
Anyway, shes gone on holiday for a week and we've arranged for her to come and try him again when she comes back and if all goes well, start with a trial period and then a proper share.

Now here's the dilemma. I hadn't took Hoovers ads down and received an email from another lady who also sounds lovely. She has an 18month old son, came back into riding recently although she was very into riding/own horse until about 10 years ago. Shes very interested in coming to see Hoover/have a chat with me.

I don't want to go back on what I said to the first lady, but I was worrying that she might not be able to cope with him out on a hack as she thought he was cantering quite fast in the school. Hoover doesn't tend to canter fast in the school unless asked and is much more forward going cantering on hacks.

Any suggestions? OH said I should stick with first lady as I have arranged another tryout with her and I know where he's coming from but I want the best person from Hoover.

The only difference is the first lady has a very young child but does live locally. The second lady lives further away but has an older child who goes to nursery one day a week.

I've rambled lots and I'll be surprised if it makes sense to anyone :lol: Thought it might help to get my thoughts down but it hasn't...nevermind:o

BEX101
7th August 2010, 06:18 PM
tell lady number two you have someone interested but your not sure its going to go ahead. Either say you'll contact her if it falls through or let her come see you anyway but with first dibs going to lady number 1. I'm sure she'll understand that you wish to honour the agreement with number 1 but if number 1 isnt going to be right for him then you always have a back up. I supose with both having young kids its possible for them both to ride? Trust me with young kids finding time to ride just twice a week is going to be a strain.

Sasca
7th August 2010, 06:24 PM
Be honest and tell them both where you stand.

Tell the 2nd lady that you've made a commitment to the 1st so wont make a decision till after the other tryout. If after that you dont think she'll be suitable, tell her. In which you can then invite the 2nd lady to come up and see. Dont invite the 2nd up untill you have decided where you stand with the first.

This isn't a sale so you dont have to please everybody so be honest and friendly and keep them both in the loop about what you are thinking at the time. They'll appreciate the honesty and if you dont feel right about either one of them, let them know.

CautionToTheWind
8th August 2010, 12:10 AM
Like others have said, keep to the first lady and tell the second you have someone interested but will keep her posted with how it goes. That way everyone knows where they stand and you don't have the battle of having two suitable people competing for your horse :)

Let us know how it goes

Tiaki
8th August 2010, 10:47 AM
Ditto Sasca.

At the end of the day you want what is best for the horse so be honest with both ladies and go with whichever person is going to be best suited to hoover :)

xxx