PDA

View Full Version : Lending / Borrowing Clippers

Catg
28th September 2009, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been lucky enough to borrow clippers from my friends to clip Zeb so far rather than buying my own.

I have lost touch with the girl I used to borrow from and another friend has offered for me to borrow hers. Lucky me!

Now when I borrowed the first girls clippers I gave her a bottle of wine, a box of choccies and a tenner. She seemed happy with it. Do you think that's enough?

So my main question is if you lend your clippers out to a friend what do you feel is a fair payment and if you have borrowed what do you give them / do for them in return?

Thanks

Cat x

XenaWarriorPrincess
28th September 2009, 03:38 PM
Seems fair to me :D

Lucy B
28th September 2009, 09:55 PM
i would love it if i got all that when i lent my clippers out...i need better friends!!! I usually just ask for them to get my blades sharpened.

eeek
28th September 2009, 09:57 PM
Wow you're making me feel mean. I borrowed some clippers and didn't give anything but a big thank you. I offered to get the blades sharpened but the owner insisted I didn't. Should have given her some wine shouldn't I!

CityLights
28th September 2009, 09:58 PM
i would be prefectly happy with that if i did, but i wouldnt lend them out personally clippers are pricey to risk someone elses horse kicking them and breaking them

Betseyboo
28th September 2009, 10:07 PM
Sounds perfectly fair to me! x

Catg
29th September 2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone.

Don't worry about it eeek, I don't think anyone expects anything in return, when I asked them if they wanted anything they said no but if I were them I would be embarrassed to say yes. Sometimes offering money can be a bit awkward but a box of chocs goes a long way.

Smile and Wave, totally agree with you on that one, if I had my own pair I wouldn't want to lend them out for fear of them coming back broken. I have lent stuff out in the past which has been taken for granted. This is exactly why I really appreciate people lending me theirs and why I have put off getting my own pair!