PDA

View Full Version : Soophie's going to Burghley!

Jill
29th August 2010, 09:48 AM
Her boss is taking two horses, so both grooms are going! Sophie will be doing Special Attorney, I'm afraid I can't remember who the other one is.

I's ove to go myself to watch but I don't think I can afford either the time or the money at the moment, so I will have to be content with the Red Button.

cocopops
31st August 2010, 09:45 PM
The other horse is Special Advocate.
hope she has a lovely time and that the weather holds out, fingers crossed horse and rider have a good weekend- it will make her job much easier if everyone is happy!

Teej
31st August 2010, 10:36 PM
That's brilliant Jill, I bet she's thrilled to bits :) Wasn't she hoping to go to Badminton but didn't get to go that that?

Jill
1st September 2010, 07:51 PM
I can't remember about Badminton, it all depends on qualifiying, doesn't it? Both horses have passed the trot-up so everything crossed for tomorrow now.

Thanks cocopops - I stroked both of them on Saturday (hope I haven't jinxed them!) because I had to go and fetch Sophie's car to bring it home so my husband can fiddle with it to make it pass its MOT. I went on the train with an advance ticket which was really cheap because of booking ahead. Sophie had no time to speak to me so it was literally just a cup of tea and drive home, then the same thing in reverse this weekend if it passes.