PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Trial on Sunday! Eeep!

IcarusGirl
3rd September 2010, 12:26 PM
As the title say really, I've got a Hunter trial on sunday and its going to be eventful - it always is with Icarus!:evilgrin::rolleyes:

We're just doing the smallest class, i expect we'll stop at every jump though, naughty hoss!

Should be fun!

Anni~Bell
3rd September 2010, 12:34 PM
Good luck and don't forget the camera! :D

IcarusGirl
3rd September 2010, 12:48 PM
Good luck and don't forget the camera! :D

I'll try to remember to take photos of the jumps on the way round! I'd best do it as i walk the course, Icarus might not appreciate me taking snaps as we canter towards each jump! :lol:

amandaxx1
3rd September 2010, 01:48 PM
Have lots of fun, be positive he might suprise you!!

IcarusGirl
3rd September 2010, 02:03 PM
Haha, he might!

I'm always postive, but i know deep down he's a super wimp! Whatever he does i'll have fun, so i'm not that bothered. I'm not in it to win it or anything (chance would be a fine thing! LOL!)

amandaxx1
3rd September 2010, 04:00 PM
Thats the spirit!!!! Bless Icarus he's a right funny little character x

IcarusGirl
3rd September 2010, 05:50 PM
Thats the spirit!!!! Bless Icarus he's a right funny little character x

You've gotta have that spirit with Icarus, he's such an awkward horse. I could never point him at a simple jump and go "oh yeah he'll jump that". Because he might not. He might spook, stop, shy, it might be slightly too windy, too dry, too sunny, too bright, too colourful, too rustic, he might be too hungry, too thirsty, too tired, too alert, he might be worried about when the next full moon is, or worrying about whether he remembered his mums birthday, or whether his dad ever really loved him....

You see? So many things for one horse to consider before even attempting a simple crosspole.:rolleyes::evilgrin::lol:

When he gets going he love it though! If he didnt i wouldnt make him do it, but he drags me to the jumps!

Mungo Madness
4th September 2010, 03:07 PM
Goooodluck :D

I am undecided about whether I can or should come to watch :s I need to book Australia with Mum and need to go through the insurance with her so I guess it depends on how much I get done tonight with her :( I'll whack all my stuff in the car though just in case (going to the yard straight after ;) )

beks the artist
5th September 2010, 06:05 PM
Sooooo how did the Icman do?? xx

IcarusGirl
5th September 2010, 07:55 PM
Sooooo how did the Icman do?? xx

He only went and came third!!! what a superstar!

munchkin65
12th September 2010, 04:03 PM
Just seen this. Well done and way to go Icarus

TanyanChewy
21st September 2010, 05:26 PM
Aw I've seen this thread too late was about to say 'Good Luck' and realised it's already happened DOH!

3rd that's great!

Any piccies?

We should all get helmet cams then we'd really see all the action LOL

IcarusGirl
21st September 2010, 06:38 PM
Aw I've seen this thread too late was about to say 'Good Luck' and realised it's already happened DOH!

3rd that's great!

Any piccies?

We should all get helmet cams then we'd really see all the action LOL

Yep, piccies were all posted in the photos section :D

TanyanChewy
22nd September 2010, 05:11 PM
I am being really dim I can't find them :( what page are they on?

IcarusGirl
23rd September 2010, 02:03 PM
I am being really dim I can't find them :( what page are they on?

Hehe, they're here!

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/horse-forums/showthread.php?t=16432&highlight=icarus

TanyanChewy
23rd September 2010, 03:11 PM
Hey thanks for humouring me and putting the link up.

He looked fab (he doesnt half give the jumps some air - safe to say I think once he's got his head round it will be very easy to progress up the heights!) and so lovely and bouncy and eager coming to the finish line.

Well done you! :)

IcarusGirl
23rd September 2010, 04:10 PM
Hey thanks for humouring me and putting the link up.

He looked fab (he doesnt half give the jumps some air - safe to say I think once he's got his head round it will be very easy to progress up the heights!) and so lovely and bouncy and eager coming to the finish line.

Well done you! :)

Haha, thanks, yeah he's got all the talent and a good long stride, just a shame about his brain:rolleyes::lol:

I'm doing the same course again this weekend with a Pair to fly round with first, then we will go again on our own straight after, so it should really benefit him, as well as being fun!

TanyanChewy
23rd September 2010, 04:59 PM
Ooh how exciting! I do love doing Pairs its a great buzz.

I'm sure he'll really benefit from the round first with a buddy and then by the time you have your individual he should have lots of confidence!

I look forward to seeing piccies next week!

Good luck :)