PDA

View Full Version : our first full trec comp!!

WeeB
11th September 2010, 09:29 AM
last weekend me and B and the YO's daughter and her horse (and the yo) traveled an hour and a half to a farm in perthshire for our first ever full trec competition!!

We camped over night and the ponio's were corralled.

Saturday was the por (orienteering) phase. We did not too badly, found all the check points and good tickets and didnt get lost!! Was a lovely ride through farm land and some quiet roads (lots of tractors though! thankfully B is fine with them!)

wee photo of us before we started the por

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/weeB_and_bananna/15%20sept10/10.jpg

then sat night was a stovies supper which was lovely and chatting with the other competitiors.

Sunday was phases two and three, cop (control of paces) and ptv (obstical course) We did not too bad in the cop, i thought he stepped out in the canter (which would have ment a 0 score, but turns out he just clipped one of the markers and didnt step over the line so we got 25 out of 30 for our canter (0 for our walk... your scored on time, slow canter fast walk)

Then it was onto the ptv course which i was nervous about as there were three jumps. But in trec you dont have to do every obstical, so long as you tell the judge of that obstical that your not doing it.

The course was great and B really got in his stride. We did two of the jumps (I went into it thinking we'd do one!) a log and a hedge.

We had a good score after that and my pair partner (yo's daughter) did really well too.

us after the ptv (hence looking relaxed!!)

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx147/weeB_and_bananna/15%20sept10/23.jpg

We loaded the ponio's up and headed to the marquee for the results...

We came 2nd!!! :D And i got a special rossette for the best score over the ptv course in the level one competitiors (there were about 15 of us)

Was a great fun weekend, we all loved it and i cant wait for the winter series to begin!!

Horse Mad Mum
11th September 2010, 10:10 AM
aww thats great weeB , sounds like such fun, no that I have got my trailer maybe see you at a full comp, although my map reading isnt great !!! HMM XX

easyrider
11th September 2010, 06:07 PM
well done.....i knew you would be hooked!! we have one more to do before end of season....i have had a fab year with trecs, not done as many as i would have liked but roll on next year!! , today me and my little man won the Solihull Riding CLub walk and trot combined training champs....for a horse that hates dressage i am over the moon with him...and you should be with B...not bad for an old man lol, he's a credit to you!

Burnie
12th September 2010, 06:38 PM
Brilliant well done! I'd love to have a go, it sounds like you had a great weekend :D

WeeB
13th September 2010, 07:51 PM

easyrider - is it inverness your going to?? we were going to go there but have a fund raiser thing that weekend now. (and well done on the dressage!)

Grey Haven
13th September 2010, 08:43 PM
Brilliant - I deffo want a go at that one day! Also noticed when I was in Scotland the training you did at Crieff made the local paper!

easyrider
16th September 2010, 08:30 AM
weeB no Scotlands a long way from the Midlands...ours is at Stratford about 45 mins from me...level 2 so hoping to finish the season placed! or a win would be nice......got the BHS adult gymkhana comp this weekend....something else my pony is good at!! we have been picked for Worcs A team so no pressure lol! should be a laugh

fofo
16th September 2010, 07:16 PM
Well done for coming second. Look at cutie B!

WeeB
17th September 2010, 10:10 PM
wow! that sounds fun - adult gymkana!! I tried to organise on at my yard last year for halloween.... i was the only adult to enter! lol!

Thankyou fofo, he loves it lots (and i love that there's not the stress of plaiting and bathing and grooming to perfection like at shows!!)

Hey shaz - yeah i was told about that, think the article was up in the marquee but i never got a chance to read it.

TanyanChewy
21st September 2010, 05:28 PM
Wow sounds like you had a great time, well done & lovely pics.

Sadly we don't have any TREC events very near to me as would love to have a go as it looks great fun (though I have my doubts about my ability re orienteering....I assume TomToms aren't allowed :P)

Thanks for sharing....