PDA

View Full Version : Now convinced fate is against me selling Angel

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Have had Angel up for sale for about 3 months now, although advertised her more widely over the last month and only had a few phone calls from people - who were basically looking for a 2nd pony for their young kiddies to jump round 2 foot courses - the outcome of which they all decided after talking on the phone she was a step bigger than they wanted to take.

So I had her entered in Malvern Performance Horse Sales tomorrow but unfortunately Gorgia who normally rides her for me is at school tomorrow so can't ride her at the sales (and she has to be ridden).

However Gorgia has been schooling her for me all last week in preparation for the sales and we've tarted Angel up and last weekend I arranged for another jockey to ride her for me at the sales .. only to have her cancel on me this saturday.

Gorgia's mum then found me another jockey yesterday, so I took Angel over to the yard this girl is at for her to try and to see if she would be ok to ride her tomorrow which she was and all was sorted.

Angel's been plaited tonight and looks great.

Then 9pm tonight I get a text to say this girl who was going to ride her is having to cancel!

The bad news is that as I'm going to have to withdraw her from the sale I'm going to be slapped with a 100 fine and banned from putting a horse through Malvern again according to their terms and conditions! Not that I am planning to sell another horse there .. but you never know.

So I've decided fate is definitely against me selling Angel for some reason .. now I just have to figure out why fate is telling me I should keep her!!

jodee
7th September 2009, 09:42 PM
thats so annoying. do you have to pay the fine if you turn up? could you not go and desperatley hope there is a stray child to throw on her?

bimba
7th September 2009, 09:44 PM
I think someone up there is definitely trying to tell you something! She's a lovely little pony, I'm sure the right home will come along when you least expect it. Do you have to sell her or is keeping her an option?

Loony
7th September 2009, 09:45 PM
Definately sounds like someone somewhere wants her to stay put with you!! 3 people cancelling.. what're the odds!

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 10:02 PM
The things is that horses in the sale have stabling, so if I turn up with no jockey, can't find a jockey up there and have to withdraw her I suspect she will have to stand on the lorry rather than being allowed to be put in a stable.

As my friend is also taking a horse and Angel and her horse were towards the end of the sale I could risk having Angel stood on the lorry literally all day as I can't just come back home with her, but have to wait for my friend and I don't want to risk that as it would be totally unfair on Angel.

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 10:08 PM
Do you have to sell her or is keeping her an option?
Keep her isn't really an option. She is a jumping pony and very talented. She's too small for me to jump, it just wouldn't be fair to ask her to try and jump with my weight on her, and although I enjoy jumping, dressage is more my thing.

She really needs a competitive jumping home, she would be in her element and I can't give her that.

Added to which with a nice large vet's bill from Dizzy's infection to pay, plans to put Poppet on full livery when Dizzy is weaned, moving Dazzle and Dizzy to a new yard when Dizzy is weaned, etc .. I could really do with finding Angel a new home sooner rather than later.

Susan
7th September 2009, 10:25 PM
That's rotten luck Lorraine. She sounds like she should be snapped up for a competitive child. Have you got a local pony club? Maybe they could advertise her. (I know you have probably thought of all this!)

chance encounter
7th September 2009, 10:31 PM
I dont know what Id do, such a nuisance to cancel at the last minute though. I dont know whether I would just take her and hope for the best.

Have you tried contacting your local Pony Club?

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 10:41 PM
That's rotten luck Lorraine. She sounds like she should be snapped up for a competitive child. Have you got a local pony club? Maybe they could advertise her. (I know you have probably thought of all this!)
I advertised her on the pony club web site and this is in fact where most of the enquiries about her came from. But they were all looking for ponies less talented than Angel and decided their kids weren't ready for her yet.

I've had several people ride her now apart from Gorgia in an effort to find her a jockey for the sales and at other times when Gorgia hasn't been able to school her for me, and they all cannot believe I haven't sold her. Everyone who has ever sat on her has loved her from a 12 year old to adults. The girl who rode her yesterday said she is so genuine and was utterly gobsmacked that I'd not had one person come to view her.

To be fair though I've probably put people off her when they rang because I remember as she was when I got her and she is totally different now and has matured so much mentally in just the last 2-3 months. But it's not like I made her out to be a total nightmare though but I didn't make her out to be the perfect pony either because she isn't. One lady said it was refreshing to have someone be so honest when she rang about her but my friend Claire (Gorgia's mum) thinks I'm being too honest!

One lady said she looked too strong for her kid in the video of her jumping .. and looking at the video afterwards I can see how someone might think she was strong if they don't know her because her head goes up and she's definitely up for it, but although she's foward she isn't actually strong at all and will check quite easily! She is certainly foward but not strong. But you don't know that unless you sit on her. She looks different to how she rides.

chance encounter
7th September 2009, 11:05 PM
Will take a look around for you and see if I can see any Wanted ads and will let you know.

Sorry didnt see Susan had mentioned the Pony Club as well!

nic
7th September 2009, 11:12 PM
Stupid Question, but have you advertised her on any Pony club websites?? Or even BSJA sites for kids wanting jumping ponies?? Not sure what Angels limit is mind but you!!:)

Ok scrap my ideas...already been covered!!

Um................Ill get back to you!!

Lorraine
7th September 2009, 11:21 PM
I couldn't find where to advertise her on the BSJA site when I looked. As for her limits I take it you mean jumping .. her limits are unknown! I've loosed jumped her over 1.20m (and we had to stop before she jumped out the school) and I know she has jumped 1.05m under saddle with Gorgia as I measured the fence and she went round and round and cleared it each time .. but she has actually jumped bigger under saddle but as I didn't actually measure the fence at the time I can't really state the height with any certainty.

A friend says that the fences Gorgia jumped at her yard last time we were there were 1.20m but as I didn't measure them myself I can't really say for sure .. and I swear the fences she jumped elsewhere when another jockey (young BSJA boy) were even bigger! But again I didn't measure the fences so can't actually state the height but they were MASSIVE!

fell lover
8th September 2009, 11:51 AM
I was thinking of the loan option. Maybe if she went out like that, the person who loans her would end up wanting to buy her further down the line. It often happens when they get attached, especially to a talented pony!

My Crazy Clan
8th September 2009, 03:34 PM
I would let the girl have the day off school!

Ali27
8th September 2009, 08:16 PM
Shame we aren't up the road from you anymore as Angel sounds like the sort of pony that I will be looking to get Nat! However I need to find a job first before my husband lets us have another! Sure you will sell her soon as she sounds perfect! How big is she?

Lorraine
8th September 2009, 09:11 PM
I can't believe you have had no interest in her. Maybe its the time of year? coming up to winter etc. Horses always sell better in spring, especially competition horses..... can you not keep her over the winter, or even look at putting her out on loan?
I had her advertised back in May/June although didn't advertise her widely until later and I put on the later adverts would consider loan to local competitive home.

I thought at first I put her up for too much, so dropped her price, but as all the people who rang up about her were wanting ponies to jump 2 - 2'6 classes (and 2nd ponies) and she's soooo much mor than that (although lacks the miles on the clock), I'm wondering if I priced her too low so that the serious competitive kids are just wondering what's wrong with her!

Lorraine
8th September 2009, 09:20 PM
I would let the girl have the day off school!
Gorgia isn't to blame at all as she didn't let me down. She was on holiday on the closing date for entries for the sale so I couldn't actually check with her/her mum if she was free or not to ride her for me when I entered Angel so I had to take a chance that I could find a jockey when I put the entry in.

Unfortuantely today was Gorgia's first day at 6th form and if it had been any other day she would have had the day off to ride her for me. She's worked so hard all this week getting her ready for the sale for me. All I asked her to do was ride her, and I went down the yard to find Angel with mane pulled and plaited over, heels trimmed, face trimmed, the works!

To add insult to injury after not being able to find a jockey for Angel after all Gorgia's work - I didn't see anything at the sale today to match Angel for jumping - and they had a loose jump pen (Angel would have had such a ball in there). Everything was jumping up to about 2'9 maximum and that was it - she would have shown them how loose jumping is really done!

Lorraine
8th September 2009, 09:20 PM
Shame we aren't up the road from you anymore as Angel sounds like the sort of pony that I will be looking to get Nat! However I need to find a job first before my husband lets us have another! Sure you will sell her soon as she sounds perfect! How big is she?
She's spot on 13.2hh.

Horse Mad Mum
8th September 2009, 10:04 PM
i think you are right you need to keep her for the meantime !! Something else will come up! HMM X

My Crazy Clan
10th September 2009, 12:31 PM
Oh right I see, not something you could really miss.

Zeitgeist Mom
10th September 2009, 01:17 PM
Ouch - that's such a hefty penaly for pulling her out of the sale! What a pickle, but really you don't have a lot of choice. Such a shame she's not just that wee bit bigger! Things happen for a reason. Perhaps the person who is meant to have her just wasn't going to be at that sale!

Evening Star
11th September 2009, 06:34 AM
I would up her price! I reckon you could get at least $2k for her as she sounds ideal as a BSJA pony.
Sorry I may have missed it but where is she advertised?

Lorraine
11th September 2009, 08:10 AM
I would up her price! I reckon you could get at least $2k for her as she sounds ideal as a BSJA pony.
Sorry I may have missed it but where is she advertised?
She definitely has the potential as a BSJA pony - and she is registered but has only gone to one BSJA show due to problems finding a BSJA jockey to ride her (Gorgia is too old to do BSJA on her as she is registered as a pony) so I didn't mention this in her advert.

I have removed all adverts for her for now. The plan now is to get out out and about as much as I can with Gorgia on her doing unaffiliated so she can gain some experience. There is a venue nearby that does both affiliated and unaffiliated (unaffiliated course are same as BSJA courses as it is the same course builder), so get Angel out there to do some unaffiliated with Gorgia, then try and find a jockey to do a couple of BSJA on her there. Then I will re-advertise her a BSJA pony.

Have booked her in for a jumping derby 2'0 - 2'3 cross country, working hunter show jumping followed by cross country again with Gorgia this weekend. Angel has only done a few cross country fences at home before so will be interesting to see what she makes of it.

Stacey
17th September 2009, 02:06 PM
ooohh just found this, good luck in selling. I know how frustrating it is!! I had my pony for sale for a good 8 months, and he was reasonably priced. It'll all work out in the end

xxxx

Loony
17th September 2009, 02:35 PM
Hopefully with more experience, you'll get more people interested! Is Gorgia not interested in her then? They make a great team!

loubylou
17th September 2009, 05:33 PM
it sounds like holding onto her for now is the thing to do! Definately think getting experience under her belt will increase your prospects :)

Lorraine
17th September 2009, 06:12 PM
Hopefully with more experience, you'll get more people interested! Is Gorgia not interested in her then? They make a great team!
Gorgia is long out of ponies. She has her own horse (around 16.2 hh) that she regularly competes (see below) and her last horse was 15.3hh. :lol:

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/memberpics/images/cc2.jpg

Loony
17th September 2009, 06:42 PM
Gosh she only looks like a little girl in the pictures on Angel!!! :ashamed: :lol:

Lorraine
17th September 2009, 08:56 PM
Gosh she only looks like a little girl in the pictures on Angel!!! :ashamed: :lol:
She is 17 but very petite.

loubylou
17th September 2009, 10:08 PM
she is teeeeeeny!!! Wish I was that ikkle that i could ride the dinkies that comfortably!!