PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing a ODE on his majesty!

IcarusGirl
30th September 2009, 08:25 PM
Yup. He has his first HT a few weeks ago, now he's being thrown into the world of ODEs!:D

Nothing like throwing your horse in the deep end is there?!

Well, actually, it's only going to be a 2ft course, but it'll be Icarus's first go at a dressage test with a canter in! He wouldnt have been able to do it last year.

Wish me luck, dont suppose we'll come anywhere - apparently stopping at all the fences isnt desired...:evilgrin: But it'll be an experience for him, and yet another step up on the ladder of life!

Savvy
30th September 2009, 09:11 PM
good luck! once you've done one you'll be addicted!

CityLights
30th September 2009, 09:23 PM
its good fun i wish i had done some on Dennis but never had him fit enough to feel it was fiar on him, especially at his age, havent done any for years, im amazed there are still some on this late on in the year though

IcarusGirl
30th September 2009, 09:28 PM
In my part of the world, theres something on every weekend all year, i'm quite lucky.

CityLights
30th September 2009, 09:35 PM
thats pretty impressive, i think pretty much all grass field competions end around september usually, although i think a few ended in august, maybe some early october depending on where it is

IcarusGirl
30th September 2009, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, i suppose because we're in sussex, it's all chalk land and drains pretty well, plus there are hundreds of venues! :)

Evening Star
1st October 2009, 12:55 AM
ooh good luck!
have fun, even if he stops its all experience for the big ginger whinger!

Savvy
1st October 2009, 08:39 PM
we get loads of things in the summer then by the end of sept most grass based shows have stopped then theres a few ODE's and HT's til November then thats it unless you can get to an indoor venue for sj or dressage

not jealous at all!

piccolo
3rd October 2009, 06:41 PM
Good luck!

claire777
5th October 2009, 07:01 PM
Good luck and all the best. You'll have a great time

Loony
14th October 2009, 06:18 PM
Best of luck!! Sounds like fun :D

Mungo Madness
14th October 2009, 09:01 PM
Bwahahahahhahahahaha you have a personal photographer and fan club now ;)

Ommggggg wear your sash :lol: :lol:

IcarusGirl
14th October 2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not wearing it! It might restrict my movement!, he he!

Mungo Madness
17th October 2009, 07:37 PM
Get Icarus to wear it! :lol: ommgg its perfect it even says his name :P