PDA

View Full Version : Does speedibeet go off?

Teej
30th September 2009, 09:56 PM
I've got half a bin of speedibeet (flakes) from last winter and it looks ok but I just wanted to check whether or not it goes off?

I had some speedibeet from the previous winter that I finished off last year and I didn't hesitate to use it but as Chip got colic twice (although Baby had the same feed and was fine) I just need to be sure that I'm not going to poison them! :sad-no:

I had a bag of stud nuts that I wasn't using that were about 4 months old and discovered at the weekend that they had gone mouldy !:ashamed:

CityLights
30th September 2009, 09:59 PM
as long as its not got damp or anything, smells and looks normal i would probably feed them it, i imagine it last quite a long time although ive never looked at the labels on feeds, do they even put use by dates on them? you tend to use it up quickly anyway

Twizzel
30th September 2009, 11:16 PM
do they even put use by dates on them? you tend to use it up quickly anyway

Yes I think they do, bags of hi-fi have use by dates, I think our current bag is use by mid 2010... no problems with that tho, the bag is gone within 10 days!!

XenaWarriorPrincess
1st October 2009, 08:48 AM
Unless any of it is damp then it should be fine!
x

My Crazy Clan
1st October 2009, 03:36 PM
Have a look for a selbydates, I've had my beet since just before last summer when I stoped using it, mines fine but its been well kept, I will be using it.

Teej
1st October 2009, 03:58 PM
Rhea I didn't keep the bag as I emptied the Speedibeet into the feed bin and didn't think to look for a use by date. I'm going to rummage through it at the weekend just to make sure its 100%. It's really cheap so may just buy a new bag.

vels mum
1st October 2009, 07:24 PM
If it smells and looks fine, use it!

Poppy and Harmony
2nd October 2009, 12:13 AM
one bag of Speedi Beet last me a whole year and is absolutely fine right to the bottom of the feed bin so I don't see why not :D

My Crazy Clan
2nd October 2009, 02:24 PM
Rhea I didn't keep the bag as I emptied the Speedibeet into the feed bin and didn't think to look for a use by date. I'm going to rummage through it at the weekend just to make sure its 100%. It's really cheap so may just buy a new bag.

How much do you pay :lol: Mine certainly isn't what i call cheap!
Mine was kept in a bin too, so yours should be fine.