PDA

View Full Version : Look.. it's Tara..

Loony
1st October 2009, 12:15 AM
Hannah's just found her on Horsemart.

HM934C385

Bit of background. Tara was at my riding school and I just absolutely fell for her. She was a very typical mare, stubborn and stressy!! She came to the school with a bad bucking and napping problem, which eventually all went away (most of the time!). She was quirky and a lot of fun to ride, and I seriously considered buying her once I was in a position to buy.. despite the fact she wasn't really what I was looking for! I just clicked with her, I'm sure you all know what I mean :)

Anyway she went lame and she never came sound again, I don't know why because I never actually asked. Instead of selling her as a companion or having her PTS, they put her in foal. She didn't have a great temperament and I don't know what caused her lameness, but it certainly wasn't a good idea to breed from her.

Now it says on the advert she has a "very sensible temperament", she doesn't!! She was a great mare, but she definately wasn't what I would call sensible. And it says she can be lightly ridden "if required", so to me that sounds like she still has problems.. yet they're saying she can be ridden lightly?

I don't know, I'm just very sad about it, it doesn't sound like she's going to have the best retirement unless someone experienced and knowledgable finds her :(

Teej
1st October 2009, 12:29 AM
Maybe having a foal has made her more sensible? I don't blame you for feeling sad though :( Lets hope she goes to a lovely happy forever home :)

gem
1st October 2009, 03:00 AM
'Easy mare to look after in every respect, good with others and never objectionable.'

I'm sure Faye's dented head agrees with that.

Can't believe that. I suppose at least it's Liz Leigh that's selling her and she's a very good dealer so would make sure she went to a good home. I know I never liked her much but I really hope she ends up in the right place bless her.

Loony
1st October 2009, 03:05 AM
I don't know much about Liz Leigh but I wouldn't have thought she's a good dealer if she's described her as something she's not.. I just feel like somebody's going to come along and run her right into the ground. Hopefully someone will buy her looking for just a companion so she can enjoy an early retirement!

CityLights
1st October 2009, 02:46 PM
She may be a different horse away from the riding school, and in foal, it can change them a lot, someone will buy her as a broodmare so i wouldnt worry about her being ridden again

Loony
1st October 2009, 04:03 PM
The point is, she shouldn't be in foal, she shouldn't be used as a broodmare. She doesn't have the right temperament, her legs are knackered. I've just found out she had problems before she came to the riding school. God knows what the extra strain is doing to her.

My Crazy Clan
1st October 2009, 04:06 PM
Everyone including animals change so shes might have a good temperament etc now.

Its a shame she was put into foal, I hate it when people do this, she deserves better.

hot.to.trot
1st October 2009, 07:20 PM
just to say you say she bucked and was nappy, and also not sensible, do you think maybe thats to do with her back/teeth? or mayeb she wasnt happy ridden and is now more sensible becuase she isnt ridden as often/at all? soem horses could never be riding school ponies, maybe she is one of them?

Loony
2nd October 2009, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't know whether her behaviour was due to health problems, some of it maybe. She settled down a lot in the riding school though, it seemed to really suit her. Its a shame about her lameness, she would've made someone a great riding horse if they didn't mind the moodiness!