PDA

View Full Version : Does your horse eat its chestnuts?

vels mum
6th October 2010, 09:17 PM
Yes I can confirm my horse Vel is more like a dog than a horse in many ways, but tonight whilst picking his chestnuts he was very inquisitive as to what I was doing and took the picked chesnut out my hand and ate it, then stood and waited for more, I obviously wasnt doing it quick enough as he then went on to chew it off his own leg and seemed quite delighted with his new treat!

Now does anyone elses horse do this, im guessing not :confused:

Catg
6th October 2010, 09:25 PM
Not heard off that!! :lol:

My Crazy Clan
6th October 2010, 09:25 PM
Oh my, I've heard it all now :lol:

Never none a horse to eat them but I recok sisco would give it ago if I let him.

vels mum
7th October 2010, 12:05 AM
I need to get this one on video! :lol:

BEX101
7th October 2010, 04:48 AM
eewwwwww!!!!

Zeitgeist Mom
7th October 2010, 11:29 AM
:sick: Never heard of a horse doing that before. But does make me wonder.... King Louis never needed his picked. Perhaps some horses do it for you?

Becca-84
7th October 2010, 11:54 AM
Hahahaha bless him! My dogs love them but never known my horses to eat them :D Funny boy!

Spooky&Co
7th October 2010, 01:17 PM
lol Well, some of us chew on our nails lol

Self manacuring horse lol

dun blonde
7th October 2010, 03:59 PM
Hahahaha bless him! My dogs love them but never known my horses to eat them :D Funny boy!

Was going to say have heard of dog's eating them before,yuck!!

Maybe some horses do chew them off?? Come to think of it Marb has only a little tiny bit of his left on one leg,I assumed it had got knocked off like they do sometimes,but maybe he made a snack out of it??:shocked:

Well as long as Vel enjoyed his treat!!

Have to say hun,not sure who is more strange here though you or Vel.He might like them to eat,but you enjoy picking them off in the first place I seem to recall;):lol:

vels mum
7th October 2010, 09:09 PM
DB - Ive always picked chestnuts off the horses legs, just never had a horse want to eat them before!!!

chescar
7th October 2010, 09:14 PM
my dog eat bit of hoof - she loves it when the farrier comes
but never heard of horses eating chestnuts

vels mum
7th October 2010, 09:40 PM
We dont see pepole walk down the street picking their nose and eating it but im sure many do behind closed doors, maybe Vel just feels comfortable enough to share his dirty habit with me! :pmsl: :ashamed: :lol:

Catg
8th October 2010, 07:28 AM
Ewwww! Lou that's gross :lol: I think you are right though! xx

Spooky&Co
10th October 2010, 04:24 AM
lol I'll hold my hands up and say 'Hi My name is Laura, And I am an avid Chestnut oicker off'er!' lol

I know a few people who are nervy about doing it and I have done their horses and ponies for them. Any chance to do them I jump at lol Very sad I know.
But I'm also an avid scab picker aswell, I just can't leave them alone. And the amount of knocks and scrapes I get, my sister said I'm a 'Scab Farmer' because of how many scabs and Grazes I get each week just from walking around the house, let alone outside lol

vels mum
10th October 2010, 06:44 AM
Laura im the same, I have to pick a chestnut if its too long :evilgrin:
But scabs im not so fond of :ashamed: :lol:

Bek B
10th October 2010, 12:00 PM
I wish Tex would eat his chesnuts. They grow huge and he fusses about having them trimmed.