PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my Lady

Casperlady
11th October 2010, 05:30 PM
I had to make one of the toughest decissions I have ever had to make. After 7years of more lows than highs, my dad and myself came to the decision that it was time to let Lady go. Though we had hoped we might find her an experienced home, in the end it was decided that with the state of the equine industry here in Ireland (im sure you have all seen the H&H articles) and the fact that Lady is simply too dangerous and unpredictable to sell to just anyone, we decided that we had to let her go to the factory. It is not a decision I was happy with but it was the only option left. This morning she was put to sleep.

One of my best memories of Lady was the day she became mine. I had sold my first pony Jack I was heartbroken, and we had seen Lady and made the deal, but at the time we had only the shell of a trailer it had no floor so we had to wait till the dealer could bring her to us. I was working at the time and I came home at half 8, my parents were watching the tv, so I went up to their room to watch the latest episode of Buffy, my sister came in and closed the curtains, and started talking I remember having to tell her to shush. then she started telling me to come to the window, I just wanted to watch tv, but she kept at me so I went to the window to see a horse lorry and Lady being unloaded, I screamed I was so excited. I ran out gave dad a big huge and then ran to take the leadrope and get lady settled in her stable. My parents had planned that she would be there when I got home, so when the dealer hadnt come on time, the were all jumpy at the sligtest sound and had my sister make sure I couldnt see the lorry arrive. She was the prettiest horse I had ever seen and that day I made so many plans. Unfortunately things didnt work out as I had planned.

Goodbye
Written By John Quealy

With heavy hearts and a tear in our eyes,
after all these years, we must say goodbye.
Please understand, we've done all we could,
if there was anything we could do, you know we would.

I'm sitting right here, gently rubbing your ears,
while I talk to you softly, trying to hold back the tears.
The memories you gave us, we'll never forget,
especially the ones of the day we all met.

One last hug and one last kiss,
you have no idea how much you'll be missed.
To look into your eyes this one last time,
you tell me it's ok...you know it's your time.

Close your eyes now and go to sleep.
We'll pray to the Lord, your soul he'll keep.
Go in peace now, our good friend,
We'll stay right here with you, until the end.

Dream of that special day and time,
when we'll meet at the Bridge and all will be fine.
We'll run and play side-by-side,
with a soft warm feeling deep down inside.

Your memory will live on in each one of us
You'll always be number one to all of us.
Have a safe journey through the night.
I promise when you awake, you'll be in God's light.

So with heavy hearts and tears in our eyes,
just for now my friend...we say goodbye.
:crying:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/Casperlady/Fullenglandxmashorsesvid140_0001.jpg
Castlemore Lady 1996-2010
RIP sweet girl.

BEX101
11th October 2010, 06:11 PM
So sorry you had to make this decision. Things are so hard at the moment and we need more people to be brave and care enough that the equines in their care dont end up in the wrong hands/suffering. X

chescar
11th October 2010, 06:18 PM
So sorry for your loss - you have made a very brave decision

Grey Haven
11th October 2010, 06:25 PM
OMG what a very brave and responsible owner you are...my thoughts are with you. . RIP Lady xxx

Bay Chaos
11th October 2010, 08:15 PM
So sorry. Sounds like it was for the best though. RIP lady xxx

Catg
11th October 2010, 08:31 PM
Very sorry to hear this. x

Welly
11th October 2010, 08:36 PM
So sad to hear :(

That poem is beautiful

RIP Lady - run free now girl xx

Arizona
11th October 2010, 10:32 PM
What a beautiful poem xx RIP beautiful lady xx

Casperlady
12th October 2010, 12:23 AM
Thank you guys its been such a tough weekend I have cried so much and while I know it was the right and only decision, when it becomes a reality its the worst feeling ever.
The poem I found last night and I just think it says everything I feel but couldnt put into words.

daytona
12th October 2010, 08:00 AM
So sorry for your loss xxxx

fell lover
12th October 2010, 01:10 PM
Huge hugs xxx
RIP Lady xxx

amandaxx1
12th October 2010, 05:13 PM
How awful for you, your very brave. Rest in peace Lady xx

Cobby Keri
13th October 2010, 03:17 PM
what an awful decision for you to have had to make, so sorry.

Meeny Miny Mo
14th October 2010, 12:56 PM
OMG that poem made me cry. RIP Lady, thinking of you I know its a hard decision, one I would not wish on anyone.

xxx

My Crazy Clan
24th October 2010, 02:43 PM
I am so sorry RIP xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rozbug
24th October 2010, 10:30 PM
Toughest of all decisions, lots of hugs.. Poem made me cry too!!

ness
1st November 2010, 09:19 AM
So sorry to hear about lady-lovely poem. RIP lovely girl.xx

Casperlady
4th December 2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you guys, Its been a month now and though she is gone she is not forgotten.