PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a sharer!

Holly1986
27th October 2010, 10:53 AM
I have very recently decided to look for a sharer for my horse a few days a week, I have placed a few ads up in some free sites but wondered where else would be a good idea!?? Horsemart charge 17.00 to post an advert and I just cant afford that.....!!! Any ideas!???? :confused: Thanks in advance

Catg
27th October 2010, 11:07 AM
Put adverts up on the notice boards in your local tack shops, feed stores, news agents and riding schools.

It's worth asking your tack shop about any local horsey mags, we have an Equestrian Life magazine for the east midlands which advertises the local shows and services, you may have an equivalent near you that you could advertise in? Not sure what the cost would be but must be cheaper than Horsemart. Or ask the local newsagent if they sell an Ad Mag? We have a local one and it's free to advertise in it x

abaddon_1974
27th October 2010, 07:06 PM
Move to Lincoln and use me!

But on a more serious note try pre loved and places like that.
Make sure that you like the person and that your horse likes them as well.
It might also be worth having someone else there the first time you meet a prospective sharer as well.

Craig

Mungo Madness
30th October 2010, 01:26 PM
Pre-loved is good, I used that whilst looking! I agree with the others about putting adverts in tackshops and places like that.

Also try spreading it by word of mouth! Good luck finding someone!