PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully by this time next week I will have seen two possible share horses

Mungo Madness
2nd October 2009, 06:54 PM
Hopefully by this time next week...I will have seen not one, but TWO possible share horses :D :D :D

Possibley going to see one of Sunday afternoon, she's going to text me as she may be going out to lunch. 16.1hh ISH black gelding :) Sounded like his strengths are in Dressage

Then the second I am definately going to see on Tuesday after college, 15.2hh grey gelding, good allrouder. :D Close to Felbridge Showground too ;)

Then I received a voicemail reply to my voicemail about another mare, can't remember anything about her though :lol: Too many horses :lol: But I remember them saying theres the opportunity to compete :lol:

So yursh going to phone her back like, after I have fed the cat :D

Navygirl
3rd October 2009, 12:39 PM
Oooh, good luck! Hope you find the perfect horse. It seems from reading your posts that finding a share horse is as hard as I am finding it to find the perfect sharer!

Have someone coming later on today to see him so fingers crossed!

eeek
3rd October 2009, 01:15 PM
Good luck and get pics! I like the sound of the grey :)

fell lover
4th October 2009, 01:24 AM
Fingers crossed hun xxxx

Mungo Madness
4th October 2009, 01:11 PM
:D thanks guys! Yes Navygirl, definately is :lol: It's harder to find a share horse/sharer I think then to find your own to buy, as with a share scheme EVERYTHING has to work out, horse, owner, yard, distance, costs...with buying your own it doesn't matter where the horse is staled or if you don't get on with its old owner, its your horse and you can just up and move it right there and then!

But the black ISH's owner hasn't texted me like she said she would, so I don't think I'll e going to see him today ;)

Anni~Bell
4th October 2009, 04:38 PM
You are so lucky to have the chance to seee horses!
There is nothing round here at the minute!

CityLights
4th October 2009, 04:46 PM
take it you decided agains the HUGE chestnut horse then, hopefully one of these will be a nice fit for you,

Mungo Madness
4th October 2009, 09:43 PM
take it you decided agains the HUGE chestnut horse then, hopefully one of these will be a nice fit for you,

Yeah, unfortunately his owner was asking for 150 a month, but then add petrol costs and you are looking at 165 a month. For 2/3 days riding a week? Can't afford that, so I passed on that one.

Yes Anni I am really lucky at the moment, there's loads about :D Which is good as I've been looking since July now :(

Navygirl
5th October 2009, 10:53 AM
Oh my god, Mungo Madness that is an extortionate price for a share!! I am not asking anything like that myself, I was asking half of what Baron's full livery costs per day.

Where abouts are you where there are so many loans?! There seems to be a lot of horses up for share in my area but a lack of good sharers. It really is a shame you aren't near Kent!

So which horses have you viewed / going to view? Must say when I was looking at loaning horses I would have been very interested in the grey...

Good luck and if you don't find anything you can always ride in Kent!

My Crazy Clan
5th October 2009, 12:13 PM
Good luck, hope all goes well.

Mungo Madness
5th October 2009, 05:21 PM
Oh my god, Mungo Madness that is an extortionate price for a share!! I am not asking anything like that myself, I was asking half of what Baron's full livery costs per day.

Where abouts are you where there are so many loans?! There seems to be a lot of horses up for share in my area but a lack of good sharers. It really is a shame you aren't near Kent!

So which horses have you viewed / going to view? Must say when I was looking at loaning horses I would have been very interested in the grey...

Good luck and if you don't find anything you can always ride in Kent!

I'm West Sussex. But tbh its only been this past month that there's been anything at all! And yes, as soon as she said that I knew it was over :lol: To be honest it wasn't unreasonable on her part as shes at a crazily posh yard, full livery, all the facilities under the sun. But for a share, yes its really expensive!!

So far I've not seen any, I was supposed to go see the black ISH yesterday but the owner never texted me to let me know what time, or to say no. So next up is the grey, I'm driving to see him tomorrow after college :) And still haven't managed to get hold of the 15.2hh :lol:

Navygirl
6th October 2009, 05:09 PM
Hmmm you say about this crazily posh yard... but my horse is on full livery on a big showjumping competition yard and I'm asking nowhere near that much! Oh well maybe livery is expensive up your end!

Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and this grey. Good luck!! I have given up finding someone for my boy. The girl that came saturday decided to stay with the horses she is riding (even though the reason she said she was moving is lack of facilities to ride on winter evenings) but offered to buy my boy. Tried not to laugh!

Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm following this now!!