PDA

View Full Version : What do you need to become an RI?

My Crazy Clan
30th October 2010, 05:18 PM
Obviously you need papers?
If so what ones?
Where would you go to train for it?

:)

Anni~Bell
30th October 2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.equine-world.co.uk/horse-forums/showthread.php?t=14329

There you go hun :)

My Crazy Clan
30th October 2010, 05:53 PM
Thank you! :)

I did look on the BHS website but I don't have a clue what im looking for, what I need to find is somewere around here that will let your train there for it.

CityLights
31st October 2010, 08:38 PM
BHS Stage 1- 3 riding and Horse care
BHS riding Road Safety
BHS Preliminary teaching test and the protfolio and required number of hours teaching
Child Protection Course
First Aid Course

and to be a good one a bucket load of experience

My Crazy Clan
31st October 2010, 10:45 PM
If isn't for me but my mum was thinking about it, she is very good with them and has 45yrs experience.

amandaxx1
1st November 2010, 09:25 AM
My best mate is an RI, takes a long time to do all the qualifications and I think it costs a fair bit to get through all the exams etc. x

Tiaki
1st November 2010, 11:22 AM
I'm a qualified RI. Was a longggg time ago that I did my exams etc and I know it has all changed a lot since. Best bet is to get in touch with the BHS and find out what centres near you actually do the BHS exams. It needs to be a approved centre which will then normally offer some kind of training courses for the stages.

Amanda is right, it is expensive and takes a long time to train up for them all. It's not just practical, you got the theory side of it as well :)

xxx

My Crazy Clan
1st November 2010, 08:57 PM
well cross that one of the list then.

Scarlet
2nd November 2010, 01:47 PM
you dont acutally need any qualifications at all.
you can do the bhs exams but you will find that a lot of ri have no qulifications and some of the best arent :)

chescar
2nd November 2010, 01:57 PM
My YO was thinking about qualifying as an instructor. She has 30 years experience and didn't want to play good money to learn the basic horse care stuff she already knows.

Could she just do the RI part of it?

Tiaki
2nd November 2010, 02:10 PM
As far as I am aware (as I said, long time since I did my exams and I know it has changed), you do have to start with your stage one and work your way up. You can't just go and do your PTT, you have to have stage one, two and R&R first

xxx

CityLights
2nd November 2010, 02:17 PM
My YO was thinking about qualifying as an instructor. She has 30 years experience and didn't want to play good money to learn the basic horse care stuff she already knows.

Could she just do the RI part of it?
you dont pay to learn you can pay to be on various courses as like a refresher course to brush up but you can just go and do the exams without being taught