PDA

View Full Version : BHS Stages

Bright Sparkx
2nd November 2010, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if you can take just your bhs stage 1 & 2 in riding on your own yard without having to go to a college or yard somewhere miles away? Thanks :)

casper_cb
2nd November 2010, 11:59 AM
Hi, you can train yourself but for the exam you will have to go to a centre where they run the exams to take it. If they do the exams at your yard then you can take the test there. In the exam you won't ride your own horse, or if you do it's pot luck as the examiner will choose which horse you ride. It's a good idea to ride as many horses as possible and to have an instructor who knows how the stage exams work as they can tell you how the riding section works and how to assess horses correctly and what the examiners will want to hear.

I'm not really sure what you mean though.

Bright Sparkx
2nd November 2010, 12:16 PM
Okie dokie, well my friend offered to let me take the riding part of the stage exams at her yard but we wernt sure if there was any BHS qualified examiners that would be willing to come out to her yard or if they only go to colleges & yards etc...

Tiaki
2nd November 2010, 01:32 PM
The actual exams have to be taken at an approved centre with approved and credited examiners :)

xxx

Bright Sparkx
2nd November 2010, 01:36 PM
Okie dokie thankyou :)