PDA

View Full Version : Valuation please - sec A yearling.

XenaWarriorPrincess
3rd October 2009, 12:36 PM
Well bred cream palomino sec a yearling filly. Sire: Ringstead Commedore. Dam: Ronen Sara. Damsire: Dukeshill Diego.
Has shown lightly this summer, very well behaved everytime out. Had a 4th at first welsh medal show.
Has major potential as a riding pony, lead rein/first ridden.
Very sad sale due to lack of time/uni. To showing home only.

XenaWarriorPrincess
3rd October 2009, 01:24 PM
I dont want to but may have to :( Xen is going up for sale aswell.
x

My Crazy Clan
3rd October 2009, 04:51 PM
Whis one is Xen? the coloured or the bay?

I would say 400 tops.

XenaWarriorPrincess
3rd October 2009, 05:01 PM
Xena is the bay.
Im hoping to keep anni at least one more season but if it helps her full brother is on horsequest for 800.

XenaWarriorPrincess
3rd October 2009, 06:46 PM
:) Ive decided to keep her for another season, so much i wanted to do with her this summer that i didnt get to do!

torgrosset
3rd October 2009, 06:51 PM
Without sounding disrespectful registered section A's are 10 a penny and due to the current market they're going for almost nothing. We sold Harvey earlier in the year and got 400 as a freshly backed 3 year old. He had many wins & was always placed in hand and was a nice old fashioned sort that you don't see much nowadays, yet still didn't really get much for him. My friend is a sec A breeder and her colt foals this year are up for sale for around 200, some 150. She didn't have any fillies this year bit they'd but up for a little more, but not much. I'd say you'll be lucky to get 200, possibly a bit more. Another friend sold her buckskin sec A yearling earlier this year and got 250 for her. The market just ins't there at the moment. My breeder friend has stopping breeding sec A's now for this reason and has bought a very smart 12hh homozygeous coloured stally and is breeding coloured LR, FR and small SHP's instead.

ETA: sorry my reply sounded really snotty, didn't mean it to be, just trying to say there's a lot of sec A breeders about and therefore a lot of sec A's for sale.

flipper
3rd October 2009, 08:27 PM
As torgrosset has said, Section A's are very cheap at the moment, as there are so many about. In present climate she'd only be around 150-200. So sorry you have to sell little Anni :(

helena
3rd October 2009, 08:50 PM
At the sales last month they were going for 2 for 10!! You could get 2 shetties for 5, it is ridiculous, small ponies have been so overbred for the amount of demand.

vels mum
3rd October 2009, 10:33 PM
At the sales last month they were going for 2 for 10!! You could get 2 shetties for 5, it is ridiculous, small ponies have been so overbred for the amount of demand.

Such a shame, at those prices id hate to think where the majority of them will end up. :sad-no:

XenaWarriorPrincess
4th October 2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys, she isnt going anywhere yet, its a real last resort.
x

flipper
4th October 2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys, she isnt going anywhere yet, its a real last resort.
x

Pleased to hear it :)

XenaWarriorPrincess
4th October 2009, 11:53 AM
:) Although if the little monkey keeps on escaping...

:lol::lol:

Anni~Bell
4th October 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm glad you not selling the pony with the BEST name in the world!!!
I used to hate ponies like Welsh A's but since seeing Anni shes really turned on me! Shame I'm going to uni next year otherwise she would be great t show and teach to drive maybe!