PDA

View Full Version : Loaning all mine out...

Sasca
16th December 2010, 08:02 PM
Things are not as rosey at the yard as ive been led to believe. Rowan is looking brilliant but he is the only one now. We are in one of the worst parts for snow and just cant get the hay in, so they are going hungry. I am trudging up meals to them in the field now that im back, but the 4X4 has broken down leaving me with the corsa to tackle some horrendous icey roads.

Anyway...there's a lot of other things going on, and because i cant ask katie to do anything with Sully, i have advertised mine all for loan out (except for Rowan)

So Riff, Holly, Troika and Misty will hopefully go. Honey is already being looked after by Abbie though she is allready struggling. I will have to sell her next year for sure now.

Troika is just a yearling so obviously its hard to loan them out but he isn't costing much to keep either. Misty has only just come back, and is looking good in herself so she can go back out and teach some more kids a lesson or three! fabulous pony. It's riff thats going to be hard. He's a 'special' horse lol. Not dangerous, just peculiar. Easy to keep i guess when his feet finally sort themselves out. love him to pieces and will be broken to see him go and not be able to ride him during breaks, but he's not getting what he deserves and could be doing so much more and having so much fun!

So...at least none have mystery illnesses (touch wood) but another winter full of goodbyes. Not as bad as before i guess but hey ho.

BEX101
16th December 2010, 08:08 PM
Give us a reminder of heights etc. I'l keep an ear out for you but my part loaner is becoming not very reliable now the bad weather has started so its not the best time of year.

Tiaki
16th December 2010, 08:13 PM
Well you know I would take Troika like a shot if I could. I just don't have anywhere to keep him plus funds are still pretty low and now very reliable with my job. Wouldn't actually be fair on him if I was to take him on.

Will keep an ear out for you though and if anyone is looking I shall point them in your direction.

xxx

Sasca
16th December 2010, 08:45 PM
Riff is a 16.1 ID xTB 12 yr gelding. Not many miles on the clock but ive done plenty with him.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Sasca06/Horses/Riff/4619_87613772581_694767581_1969288_2074700_n.jpg

Misty is 21yrs and 12.2. Brilliant kids pony, worth her weight in gold! lol but still cheeky! (of course she is...she's mine!)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Sasca06/Horses/Misty/IPN_0064.jpg

Troika is lupins baby from last year. Bay little native, gonna make a nice 13hh+. Just an honest little fella thats gets on with everybody!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Sasca06/Horses/lupin%20baby/DSC_0076.jpg

Holly is the 20yr shetland mare...we've used her a lr pony. She is a thelwell shetland down to a Q (except will never bite or kick) cheeky, clever and the leader needs to catch up and hold on but she is like a dog! everyone loves her!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Sasca06/Horses/Holly/40768_423257457581_694767581_5017205_1729773_n.jpg

umm...dont think i can loan anyone else? there's Loui a rising three amazingly well bred and quiet standard shetland but he's meant to be mums (though i pay for!) guess maybe him as well if really wanted.....

Loosey
17th December 2010, 11:56 AM
If I were a little closer, Riff is exactly what I'm looking for but not sure I can get my OH to go to yorkshire again for a horse!

Hope you manage to find brilliant homes for them all.

Sasca
17th December 2010, 03:32 PM
Hmm...say you want a few snowy days away in the lovely county then just drop by! lol...but maybe that is a big distance to ask bless.

Loosey
17th December 2010, 07:04 PM
We travelled to Sheffield last year to pick up Bella with a K reg Isuzu trooper! In fact Rob's in north yorkshire right now waiting for his delayed flight home, I should get him to pop by!

bimba
17th December 2010, 07:09 PM
You know I'd have Troika if I could, he reminds me so much of TJ it's unreal!

nic
17th December 2010, 07:15 PM
If we had anywhere to keep her, we would have Misty for Matthew in a shot!

Sasca
18th December 2010, 03:31 PM
Troika and Tj are scary! what a driving pair they'd make lol.

Misty usually gets snapped up luckily and have a lovely lady from Carlisle looking at her on monday...we shall see. It Riff tat going to be more tricky i guess. Have to find an understanding person to let him get over the first two weeks and realise how fab he is.

fell lover
18th December 2010, 04:50 PM
Sasca, I am from Carlisle!! But it isn't me :(

waffles
18th December 2010, 06:26 PM
could you not take huim to wales with you sarah?

Sasca
18th December 2010, 07:17 PM
Im living on a bowl of pasta every two days at uni, funds just aren't coming in. Let alone be able to afford extra livery otherwise i would have Riff spoilt rotten in a heart beat.

Clair-lou
19th December 2010, 12:43 AM
I'd have Holly, she looks lovely but I don't have a box unfortunately :(

Sasca
19th December 2010, 09:18 PM
Oh bother, the Carlisle loaners cancelled last minute!!! grrr. Was hoping it would have been that easy but back to square one for misty

abaddon_1974
20th December 2010, 07:13 AM
Riff is stunning, if I was in a position to loan I would love to have him.
I think in the new year I will have to bite the bullet and either buy or loan.

Craig

Sasca
20th December 2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah he's not taking to wintering out well and has lost a lot of condition. Needs some tlc. Now im back he is on some good old porridge and condition mix to build him back up again. He'll probably just lose it though once i return to uni.

Sasca
20th December 2010, 03:06 PM
First refusal goes to you mate :)

honeybee
20th December 2010, 04:22 PM
My friends looking for a pony for her kiddies, but think Norfolk would be a bit far?

Hope you find homes for them all x

Sasca
20th December 2010, 05:29 PM
Misty has been all over in previous loan homes. As long as the loaners are trusted, and they are happy to organize return transport i dont mind. I just need updates.

helena
3rd January 2011, 09:24 AM
Sasca - would Misty be any good for a 4 year old? My daughter is currently having to ride my 15.2 as our current loan pony has turned out to be too sharp for a first pony, and puts the odd buck in. I am basically looking for a sound sane pony that has been there, done that is quiet and well behaved on and off lead rein, including at shows and in traffic. We are in Lancs.

funkyboots
3rd January 2011, 10:58 AM
oh i'd have misty for madam like a shot...you know theres someone down here who loans out her horses for winter then has them back for the summer!!! i thought cheeky cow but i suppose it saves on winter bills..not sure what replies she got!

suneagle
3rd January 2011, 06:14 PM
awww this must have been a hard choice you had to make, troika is gorgeous :D i wish i had room.
good luck