PDA

View Full Version : 3 legged pacer? Eeek?

BEX101
19th December 2010, 05:41 PM
Just seen an ad for a 3 legged pacer, not that i'm looking to buy anything never mind a pacer but whats with the "3 legged" bit?

Pacers "pace"
Square trotters "trot"
3 legged pacers .........?

gem
19th December 2010, 05:44 PM
Fall over?

BEX101
19th December 2010, 05:48 PM
:p I checked the picture........ and it does have 4 legs! :p

My Crazy Clan
19th December 2010, 06:38 PM
WTF?? :lol:

eeek
19th December 2010, 07:57 PM
I can explain. I think.

A FREE-legged pacer is one which paces fluently without the need for hobbles.

I suspect somebody may have got a bit mixed up with their spelling!

Alternatively, it has broken down. But that's not something you would put in an ad.

BEX101
19th December 2010, 08:12 PM
Dont think its broken down (says it can do over 30 miles an hour) I think it was the flash image of a 3 legged horse that made me wonder about the terminology.

Thanks. x

Tiaki
19th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Ditto Liz.

More so when I first got Kiwi, he would free pace a lot. When out in the field he would hoon around at a perfect pace as opposed to gallop, was funny to watch. He does still did it in the field but very rarely now.

xxx

eeek
20th December 2010, 12:57 PM
My boys only pace in the field when they're seriously excited!

But Vinny can free pace at racing speed, although he doesn't hold it up for very long (the slightest change in the ground and he'll go into a gallop, which is why he needs hopples for racing). Hasty is so laid back that I struggle to get him going flat out at anything unless he's in his full racing kid and the adrenaline is flowing, but he will happily free pace at a nice leisurely speed to avoid having to canter!