PDA

View Full Version : Gutted - The two potential loan horses didn't work out

Mungo Madness
6th October 2009, 09:04 PM
:sad-no: So disappointed, I've had TWO horses to potenitally go view this week, and neither have worked out :(

First one, the owner didn't even text me to say what time to come see the horse :mad: Talk about rude, if you don't want to meet me don't make me keep my Sunday free when I could be seeing other horses!!

So I went to the grey today, first time I've been all by my lonesome to see a horsey!

Anyway got there and looked around the yard. Wasn't too impressed, it looks like they've built it over a tree cutting down lumberjack site, there were several piles of rubble, lots of broken bricks/stones on the floor, VERY muddy! That worried me as, if that's what its like now, what about when it's winter?

But I pushed that aside thinking I'll jsut have to wear my wellies :lol: So met his owner, got him out of the stable, lovely jubbley, lovely little man, his owner was really nice. Then went around to the school...well it was literally just woodchips on the floor, no fencing, just opened out onto the yard. But it was a decent size. So I thought well it's a good size and the surface looks dry even though its been raining, so it'll be fine :)

It ****** well wasn't :lol: The only reason it looked dry was because they had just had a fresh batch of chips put on it. Underneath those it was so so so wet, and there were a couple of small puddles in the middle, which I thought was a bit odd having puddles already, whats it going to be like when the proper rain comes? But carried on. But then when we had a canter, he MAJORLY slipped, I thought he was going to go over. But he got himself back up fine, I collected him together and came back to trot and decided to stick to the other side of the school. But when I asked for canter on the other rein, he just drifted off in front of a cone, jumped to the right because it was right in front of him and then careered off the school and we nearly landed in a pile of nettles/rubble. Luckily I managed to pull him up first, I thought for a split second I was going to be off!

So I finished being really disappointed, he was SO much fun and his owner was lovely, but I really didn't feel safe in the school, it was a very unsuitable surface for the ground. I just didn't feel it was a safe enviroment, and ultimately its not only unsafe for him, but for me as well. And I don't know that I want to increase the risk to myself, I mean if we had an accident in the school, theres rocks and bricks everywhere and nothing to keep us in the school. :(

:( Majorly disappointed. Plus its about 20mins away, so in the week when I get there it's going to be too dark to hack, and as its winter the schools going to be too wet and deep and slippery :( :(

Cookies to those who read, sorry its so long :(

My Crazy Clan
6th October 2009, 09:31 PM
Thats a real shame M, I really liked this one too.

Lucy B
6th October 2009, 09:34 PM
what a shame. I gather from reading through that you are looking to loan? The yard does sound pretty unsuitable but it could have been handy only being 20 minutes away. Don't give up, there will be more to view.

CityLights
6th October 2009, 10:03 PM
i think its crazy what some yards have for arenas, my arena isnt much but its all i have to ride in and its not like im paying bills for the priviledge of having one, poor boy, one of the horses is really going to hurt its self in that at some point

bimba
7th October 2009, 02:23 AM
Eugh how annoying for you. Fingers crossed the perfect horse comes along soon!

CDR
7th October 2009, 08:43 AM
That's a real shame, I had my fingers crossed for you. Keep looking though, I'm sure the perfect horse (and set-up) will come along. x

Loosey
10th October 2009, 02:56 PM
Is it just apart loan you're looking into or would there be a possibility for you to move the horse to another yard? He sounds fun!

Mungo Madness
10th October 2009, 09:39 PM
unfortunately just part loan :(

eeek
11th October 2009, 11:47 AM
What a pity, did you tell the woman why you decided against it?

It is unlikely but MAYBE she'd think to herself 'I have always hated that school too, lets move'...

As for the other woman - ****** cheek!

Mungo Madness
11th October 2009, 01:01 PM
I've not actually told her yet :S :S She asked if I wanted to come back and take him for a hack, I said yeah but I'm really busy the next couple of weeks, but I don't know what to say to her :S :S :S

Fruddy
11th October 2009, 01:38 PM
I was thinking the same as Loosey - the horse sounds fantastic, the yard not - could you move him? Is it a full loan?

Mungo Madness
11th October 2009, 01:56 PM
No its not Fruddy, just part loan, and she's only just moved him there too so... :S

sazzy925
11th October 2009, 03:18 PM
Something will come along soon don't worry! Well done for being sensible about it, it'll be far better once you find a loan where you're in a safe environment as it did sound like an accident waiting to happen.

Horse Mad Mum
11th October 2009, 05:15 PM
thats so dissapointing MM hopefully it means there is something else in the pipeline ! keeping everything crossed HMM X

Welly
12th October 2009, 07:53 AM
Hopefully something will come along very soon hun, well done for being sensible and not letting heart rule head xx

gem
12th October 2009, 11:52 PM
Aw what a pain. You made the right decision though I think. There wasn't a decent place to ride when I had Martha on loan and it really did my head in after a while.

Biddy
13th October 2009, 11:19 AM
As you were so annoyed about the woman who didn't contact you to go and view, I'd just say make sure you contact the lady with the grey as soon as possible to tell her that you don't want to share. I would tell her the reason why - that way you're leaving the door open if she does want to consider changing yards with him - but as someone who's had people out to see my Sec A who was offered on loan in the Summer, and been messed around, I'm sure she'd want to know as soon as possible so she doesn't put other potential sharers off.
When I had Pixie advertised on loan, I had someone come out 3 times to see him, was just sorting out things at their yard etc etc, very keen, loved him..... this dragged on for 2 months, then they disappeared and I never heard from them again. In that time I'd put off several other people, and now, with Winter looming, no-one's really looking for lots of work with very little riding time! So, in short (!), don't leave her hanging!:ashamed:

Mungo Madness
13th October 2009, 06:09 PM
No no I haven't left her hanging, I have told her :) I wasn't sure what I should do when I left, so I agreed to meeting him again, but said that I was going to be busy this week so that I might be around etc. But I've texted her to let her know.

piccolo
13th October 2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. Remember ; just because this did not work out does not mean the next one won't! He soundes lovely though.

Biddy
14th October 2009, 02:12 PM
I'm sure the right one will come along sooner or later - good luck!