PDA

View Full Version : Requisite rugs: Your opinions

bimba
7th October 2009, 04:21 PM
Just a post made out of interest and general observations really. I've read really mixed reviews on here about requisite rugs however I have Mac kitted out nearly entirely in them and have never had a problem with them, they fit him well, last well, remain waterproof, don't rub etc plus I think they offer very good value for money and I'm loathed to spend lots on rugs as I think any rug can get caught on a hedge or similar and be ripped to shreds. So what are your experiences/opinions, discuss!!

My Crazy Clan
7th October 2009, 04:36 PM
Well I always brought them, because to be honest they were worth 20, for what they were but now the cheapest ones are 40 plus I won't touch them, last year rugs were more expensive then I normally paid from Robinson's but they lasted only a few weeks, it could be down to my horses are just rug wreckers, lots of trees in my field etc but I always found the stitching, like to thin and not enough there, where I always double stitch and use very thick Cotton, which lasts for months.

Now I get my rugs from ebay.

Catg
7th October 2009, 06:00 PM
Interesting post, I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

I bought Zeb a requisite stable rug last year for less than 40, can't remember exactly how much but I thought it was a bargain. It's smart, fits him perfectly and doesn't rub or slip. I now have my eye on a turnout even though he has one that he could make do with.

CityLights
7th October 2009, 06:47 PM
I think they are pants, one of the liveries at work has one on her pony and it hangs right off him and sits on his wither and has actually makred him (told her she needs to get him a new one or pad it), yet his stable rug in the same make fits him fab, they seem to have no quality control or designs seem to change really wildly

Dennis had one when i got him i never put it on him it didnt even come down his sides properly so his tummy and sides still got wet

torgrosset
7th October 2009, 07:26 PM
I too found the necks way too big and too deep for small ponies!

You can't go wrong with Horseware Amigo's. Or if you're worried about it being ripoped the higher the denier the better.

My Crazy Clan
7th October 2009, 09:35 PM
I forgot about the necks! I brought a lovely one a few years ago, tartan with neck, right size for Monty but the neck was far to small, didn't even do up and it was a stable rug not a turnout that i wanted!

OzzieWelshie
7th October 2009, 09:49 PM
Didnt have much luck with mine, it was a high neck heavy weight turn out, it just didnt fit, totally the wrong shape and was left gaping open at the front rubbing his shoulders, so used a shoulder guard with limited success. Fortunately for me it wasnt long before it started to fall appart and one of the metal buckles at the front snapped. I sent it back for a full refund. I wouldnt buy a Requisite brand rug again!

vels mum
7th October 2009, 10:36 PM
Why do they have detachable tail flaps???? Turks came off in the field asd blew away. It wasnt deep enough for him either.

Although id say if like Zeb its fits well id use them as Turks has lasted quite a while.

so-n-so
8th October 2009, 12:18 PM
total rubbish... ordered one - got it, sent it right back.. it was supposed to be a heavy wieght, my medium weight rug had more padding!!!!

Catg
8th October 2009, 12:55 PM
So is it the turnout rugs everyone has had trouble with? The stable rug I bought last year is fab.

Agree with you on that one Vels mum, although I suppose for a stable rug it could be useful to detach and only put on when it gets really cold, that way you just have a bit more flexibility?

beks the artist
8th October 2009, 01:11 PM
Awful! The detatchable tail flap lasted about a day in the Welsh Weather! They are too small as well. Wouldn't touch with a brage-poll. Weatherbeeter, Masta and Amigo (Rambo too) all the way for me! xx

My Crazy Clan
8th October 2009, 01:24 PM
At least you lot got your detachable tail flaps! I waited months for mine and by that time my rugs were wrecked!!! so I have 2 brand new tails flaps sitting in my shed.

Catg
8th October 2009, 01:28 PM
At least you lot got your detachable tail flaps! I waited months for mine and by that time my rugs were wrecked!!! so I have 2 brand new tails flaps sitting in my shed.

That's rediculous lol! Stick them on eBay Rhea, sounds like there's a lot of tail flapless rugs out there!

My Crazy Clan
8th October 2009, 04:18 PM
:lol: you think someone would want 2 bright blue tail flaps with snowflakes all over it?