PDA

View Full Version : Advert Crit required!

Navygirl
13th January 2011, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking of putting my Boy up for share when I move to Glasgow as I am going to have him on DIY and would like a few days to be non horsey :eek: and not go down twice a day. Drafted this out and wondered what people thought? :D (Btw this advert will be posted once he moves!)

Handsome 16.1hh 17 year old hanoverian x tb gelding for half loan / share.

Baron is a real gentleman now looking for a second mum due to owner's time commitments due to relocation and new job. Absolute star in the stable, handled on a regular basis by my novice sister and a firm favourite with his current livery yard.

Stabled on DIY livery, 10 minutes outside of Glasgow City Centre at XXX. Good road links just off the motorway and good public transport links. Floodlit outdoor school, three jumping paddocks and 180 acres of off road hacking around the farm and more if you wish to go further afield.

Nicely schooled on the flat and over jumps, ex grade B showjumper who still thinks he is a three year old. Competes in dressage, showjumping and cross country on a regular basis with me, we have been known to do a bit of showing too.

I am looking for a quiet yet assertive rider who would like to do a mixture of schooling and hacking to keep up his fitness and interest. Requires experienced rider as can be strong when he gets the grass under his toes however does not buck / bolt or rear. Would suit older teenager or more mature adult seeking a "whizzier" ride.

I am ideally looking for someone to take him on 2-3 days a week including one weekend day if desired and I am totally flexible on days. On your days I would want you to bring him in, give him a good groom and a fuss (he enjoys his TLC) and then exercise him however you see fit as well as muck him out, hays, feeds etc.

Due to the nature of my job I do sometimes have to travel round the country so won't be around to look after him these days so if possible I would like the sharer to take him if at all possible for those days at no extra cost and of course you would ride those days.

Ideally for three days a week I would be looking for about 110 pcm and that includes a contribution to his shoes as he is shod every 6 weeks, however to the right person I am happy to negotiate on price.

For more details please call 07********* or email sarahXXX@XXX

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac141/Navygirl_01/Baron.jpg
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac141/Navygirl_01/Baronhacking.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac141/Navygirl_01/Baronheadshot.jpg

MODS: Mum is a photographer, these are all her pictures!

BEX101
13th January 2011, 11:31 AM
Its a good advert. Remember though you arnt selling him - the loaner has to sell them self to you! Personally i wouldnt offer a reduced rate to the right person (in the advert) as everyone is going to be trying to talk the price down. If you find someone you really do like then you can negotiate then.

Navygirl
13th January 2011, 06:20 PM
Ok thanks - I just want Baron to have the best possible that's why I wrote the advert the way I did hoping to attract the right person :)

Susan
13th January 2011, 09:40 PM
It is a great advert and Baron sounds and looks fab! If I hear of anyone nice looking for a share I will def let you know. A good place to put the advert when you get up would be the Derby House in Glasgow, I would also maybe email the local riding clubs. Oh and the Scottish Equestrian website, I think is free to advertise a loan horse. x

Navygirl
14th January 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks Susan - just hoping I find someone really nice for him. If not I'll be keeping him for myself. Wouldn't want him to go to anyone that won't appreciate him for how special he is; especially as he was passed home to home before I got him.

On another note you'll have to come meet him. I'm stabling him up at Blackfaulds as they made space so I could bring him up so I wouldn't be without him :) He arrives 5th feb, I myself arrive Sunday. Very excited!!

CautionToTheWind
16th January 2011, 09:38 PM
Can I have him? :D

He's gorgeous, and the advert really makes him sound sensational! I don't think you'll have any problem finding someone for him, if he were near me you'd have me on the phone!

flambards
17th January 2011, 03:27 PM
I think it's a great, fair advert and if you had it up in my area, you would find a good loaner in no time. Hope it works out!

Navygirl
12th February 2011, 11:09 AM
Hi all, I am really sorry I haven't been in touch. CTTW, you are more than welcome to come ride him if you are in Glasgow he's a lovely boy :)

Unfortunately reason I haven't been back on in a while is the move with Baron didn't go as planned and I had a lot of problems with him and eventually my horse turned into an agressive demon horse and it just wasn't good. Ended up with the vet out :( I just couldn't cope with coming on an equine website when I was having so many problems. Anyway, all is well that ends well and Baron is good now but it has been a stressful week!

CautionToTheWind
12th February 2011, 09:01 PM
Glad everythings okay and I may just take you up on that offer if I'm in Glasgow! :) and I hope you find a good sharer soon for him!