PDA

View Full Version : How many rugs do you think i'll go through this winter?

coloredred
8th October 2009, 05:39 PM
One is already ruined :mad: Totally not Magic's fault, a horse in his field has taken to pulling on his tail flap until it rips right off. I've repaired it once but watched the ****** do it again as soon as i put Magic out yesterday! As soon as he's ripped it he leaves him alone. SO i'm one light weight turnout down and i'm using his old amigo one which isn't waterproof anymore and praying it doesn't rain before i get him in tonight. If i get there this evening to find this one ripped too i'm going to have to ask if i can move fields even though we only have 1 diy field. I can't have every rug i own ruined :mad:

Chloe05
8th October 2009, 06:13 PM
i personally would contact the person who owns the other horse and ask her to pay for the repairs or to buy you a new one as you dont have money to burn so to speak...if possible i would try and either photograph or video this rug ripper in action so she can witness it..ok if he ripped it himself then thats another matter but her horse is the one who is destroying your horses rugs

My Crazy Clan
10th October 2009, 01:20 PM
Spray something on his rug, like pepper & vinegar it might keep the other horses away.

I'm not rugging yet, well only sisco but mine are playful so I would end up with no rugs by december.

coloredred
11th October 2009, 11:53 AM
The horse ripped a 2nd rug the other day, someone else saw him doing it this time, they said he just wouldn't leave him alone so now Magic is in a different field with other horses and actually seems a lot happier with them than the others anyway, the tail flap staying on his rug is a bonus lol.

beenie
12th October 2009, 07:44 AM
Jake has trashed his rug and hes only had it on for 3 nights!!! im sick of fixing it! its always his left side as well!! i dont know what he does as when ever i check him hes just happily munching away in the field!!! i need to buy another i think!!