PDA

View Full Version : Poor Yogi got hurt :(((

Kim
5th February 2011, 09:30 PM
Yogi has had a week from hell

He got two gashes at totaly the same place on his back hocks, were not sure if he got kicked in the field or he did it rolling. Then today my friend was looking after him and put him on our walker, it either didnt stop when supposed to or this damn wind pushed it too far and he got his head stuck, it pulled him to the ground and the ********** walker partition went right over him. Thank God i wasnt there i would have had a fit, hes now got a graze down side of his face, his jaw is swollen and he has a big scrape and swelling behind his ear, my poor baby looks like hes been in the wars, im so upset, but im also upset for my friend who is distraught and inconsolable. Vet said he would have gone into shock by now if he was going to and hasnt and hes eating, i didnt want to leave him, im so worried for him, he looks really battered and i pamper and look after him so well, its just both times i wasnt there and couldnt do anyhting about his injuries, i feel so bad :(

annmarie
5th February 2011, 09:38 PM
dont feel bad hun accidents happen bless him wishing him a speedy recovery xxx

funkyboots
5th February 2011, 10:27 PM
oh poor lad.....i know its hard when you can't watch um all the time or they not near you.....lots of healthy treats and lovin!!! he'll be ok...not sure he'll be keen on the walker again...altho niether am i

annmarie
5th February 2011, 10:54 PM
our yo was going to buy one for the yard but as he went to view a horse got stuck and reared up in it put me off em for life that tale has

Horse Mad Mum
5th February 2011, 11:21 PM
poor yogi sending him some healing vibes and a hug for you and your daughter sadly accidents happen he will soon be fine with your TLC HMMX X

Kim
6th February 2011, 12:16 AM
The walker is so handy for when Daughter cant exercise him, and when he could do with a bit more exercise than she can maybe give him some days. But i dont think he will ever get back in the thing now, and i would be worried about him in there too. Shame really, he will just have to go and run about in the field more.

I feel so sad tonight i cant lift myself out of this sad feeling. Im sort of glad i wasnt with him when it happened, its embedded in my head what happened from what my friend tells me, so goodness knows what flashbacks i would have had if i'd seen him go down....... my poor baby. I cant bear him to be hurt.:(

Burnie
6th February 2011, 01:04 PM
If he's got gashes in exactly the same place on both back legs, it sounds like he could have been in the fencing?

Must have been a horrible experience for everyone him going down in the walker but accidents happen. It's probably a good job you weren't there you might have made the situation worse if you'd gone into panic mode!

Sounds like no serious harm done, don't beat yourself up and definitely don't do the "what if" thing as you'll tie yourself up in knots!

My Crazy Clan
6th February 2011, 05:26 PM
poor boy, one of them freak accidents, hopes hes ok.

Anni~Bell
6th February 2011, 05:35 PM
Poor boy :( Hopefully it won't have dented his confidence too much!

Kim
6th February 2011, 08:54 PM
He's such a good boy. I was at the yard really early today and my friend who was looking after him was already there because she had been up all night worrying about him (bless her).

He seems to be fine, he is fairly swollen and sore but no real harm done i dont think. He was desperate to get out so i managed to put his headcollar on loosely and took him to the paddock i took headcollar off and let him have a run, he got straight down on his poorly side of his face and rolled and scratched !! luckily i had cleaned it and put aloe vera on it,he was so happy to run about and roll and just be out in the fresh air. Then i brough him in later in the day and cleaned his legs and his face again and gave him some bute, he didnt much like that !!! i hid it in an apple !! but its keeping the swelling down a good bit.

He just looks battered and bruised, its awful. It's really upset me, but accidents happen, its just 2 in a week is kinda hard to swallow.

Loz
7th February 2011, 11:59 AM
Such a shame that he's going through the wars at the minute, hope he recovers soon

Kim
7th February 2011, 10:05 PM
He is going through the wars right now poor baby.

Today he's been really jumpy, he wont let me near his head to bathe the wounds at all, he throws his head up and turns his backside to me in the stable. I think he's still quite shaken because he was in the wash bay tonight having his feet cleaned and a horse behind him on our yard kicked out at another horse and there was a commotion, he freaked out, he pulled right back off his rope and almost reared up, luckily i got out of the way quick, then somehow i released his rope and he dragged me across the yard, he was so strong. He was really jumpy all evening. Now im worried that as time is going by and Daughter isnt riding him, he will be crazy when she does ride him. She cant ride him as i cant get a bridle on him, as its sore and hes being really jumpy about anything touching the area.

I think we will lunge him tomorrow without a headcollar just to blow off some steam. Things were going so well too :(

Kim
9th February 2011, 09:13 PM
Yogi is healing well. The swellings are going down nicely on his head now. His legs are better almost too.

He was lunged tonight and went hell for leather !! i think he needed to get rid of some energy. Then our trainer decided she would put him back in the dreaded walker :( but he was a star, he walked stright in, she walked around a few times with him, then we let him go around a few times on his own, and he was perfect. He's such a good boy. We were also able to get his bridle on tonight too, and it looks like th esores are just out of th eway of the straps, so thats good. Daughter will ride him tomorrow night. Hope he behaves :sick:

annmarie
9th February 2011, 09:40 PM
aww well done yogi and glad all is well hope daughter enjoys him tomorrow xxx

Kim
9th February 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Annmarie xx

Loz
10th February 2011, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear he is mending well and what a good boy getting straight on the horse walker. Hope he behaves himself for your daughter, I'm sure he will! x

Madbee
10th February 2011, 02:55 PM
What a star he's turning out to be - it's amazing that he just got straight back on the walker, I think that tells you how genuine and trusting he is going to be :)

Hope he and your daughter have a nice ride tonight.

Kim
10th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Daughter didnt ride him tonight because it was absolutely teeming down, and she forgot her waterproofs. So another night he wasnt ridden eeek almost a week now. She will ride him tomorrow, i hope he isnt too nuts. He is such a good boy though. Were trying to get ready and organised for her first rally with him , out next week. She is really looking forward to it. I think I am !!!!

smellycat
10th February 2011, 10:37 PM
maybe lunge him first if you're worried about him being fizzy?