PDA

View Full Version : For how long does gypsy cob grow

Ophelia
15th February 2011, 11:33 AM
Hello,
I am new here and would like to have a bit of more informations about horses growth.
I fell in love with little filly that will be in June 2 years old and at the moment she is only arround 13.1hh. her mum is 14 and dad 15hh and I am thinking of buying her as my first cob as I feel very comfirtable with her and so she is with me. My husbant sas that she looks, arround me, as she had lobotomy, that is becouse I can easly get her head in head lock and she let me, or lean on her touch her nose etc. even though she didnt even had a harnes yet on or any other training. I know that you need to get trusting bond with them to be able to do stuff with them.

I am asking if somebody can help me with question how long will she still grow in hight and how much can I expect her to grow?
And I was wondering if maybe she could be lazy horse as she lets me pull her about even though i saw her 3 times, or is it just becouse she is still a baby?
I had been arround horses just not little ones like that so any advise any help will be thankfull.

Tnx anA

vels mum
15th February 2011, 11:47 AM
I believe cobs to be late developers, I own a friesian and I think they mature at around the same age. I expect my friesian to still be growing till he is 7-8. He was 14h when I bought him at 13 months, he will now be 4 in April and is standing around 16h, I think he will end up being around 16.1h when he has stopped growing.

My Crazy Clan
15th February 2011, 03:26 PM
I think my magic and merlin has some GC in them, magic was 13hh as 1yr and he made 15hh.

I think she will make around 14'2/3hh.

ps we need some photos.

Ophelia
17th February 2011, 09:40 AM
Thank you that has help a lot now last preparaitons for my cob to get on my field and stables, very excited.

Lorraine
17th February 2011, 08:30 PM
Apache reached full height at around 4-4.5 years but put on more bulk up to about 6 years. If she's 13.1hh at 2 I'd say she'd probably reach around 14hh-14.2hh. Apache was 14.2hh at 2 and is 15.3hh now so grew 1.1hh.

funkyboots
17th February 2011, 09:58 PM
my merrys 2 at the end of july. shes 12.3 now but in the process of bulking out (she looked quite dainty to start and had a poor start) but now shes on a good diet shes deffo catching up...merry was like yours when i first got her but shes been here nearly a year and bit mor lively shes very hyper and everythings spooky !!!!

micki
19th February 2011, 11:01 PM
Bramble was a gypsy cob. At 2 years old she stood 13.2hh and her mature height was 14.3hh. She bulked up alot between the ages of 5 to 8 years old.

XxFudgexX
20th February 2011, 07:26 PM
Fudge was 2 last week at the moment he is 13.2hh im hoping he will make 14.2hh he will fill out a lot also.