PDA

View Full Version : I ignored all of your advice

Loosey
21st February 2011, 09:52 AM
:o:ashamed::o:ashamed:

I posted a few weeks ago about a horse I had the opportunity of getting for my OH to learn on. The only draw back was that he was a little stiff in his hocks when in over the winter.

I don't want anyone to think I had already made up my mind previously but ... Toddy came home with us 3 weeks ago.

I have put him on a natural supplement called Flexy Limbs but I've been very pleased with him so far. He is a little on the lazy side in the morning but I've been making sure he is only ridden in the afternoon after he has been wondering around the field all morning and he has been a super star.

Bella loves him (she generally hates all other horses!) and he has been amazing with my OH ... who after 5 rides is already hacking and doing a pretty impressive rising trot.

He has a lovely nature and it's great to see Rob enjoying himself so much, they're really looking after each other!

He's had a clip since he's been here and has been treated to a new wardrobe (he came with one tatty LW combo which was fastened with baling twine!).

I'm very pleased with him, he's a joy to have around and he's clearly enjoying a bit of pampering whilst they're still in at night.

Will post some pictures soon for you! :)

Gix
21st February 2011, 10:12 AM
That's brill! Sometimes the best advice is "ignore all advice and listen to your heart". Bar the stiffness he sounds ideal.

BEX101
21st February 2011, 10:14 AM
Shame on you!

Seriously...... so many horses are written off due to very minor things when they would still be perfectly ok as happy hackers. Sounds like he's doing Rob the world of good.

amandaxx1
21st February 2011, 11:15 AM
Thats brilliant news!!! Are you goin gto get some pictures for us? Best of luck with him, as you know my boy is rather creaky but by no means is a write off, far from it ;)

Bright Sparkx
21st February 2011, 11:16 AM
Fab news :) well done you for making the right decision for yourself! :D

fairyfeet
21st February 2011, 11:32 AM
That's brilliant news.

I bought a wreck too against all advice lol and love him to bits. He's turned out to be a superstar in my eyes, albeit he has a few problems. I'm not perfect either, I have problems too!

Loz
21st February 2011, 11:34 AM
Aww he sounds lovely, can't wait to see some pictures x

Loosey
21st February 2011, 11:37 AM
Will try and get some this evening if it's not too dark! (although my clippers packed up just as I was about to do his head so he looks like someone's been at him with garden shears!!).

He's a very good boy, very clam and quiet. He'd lick you until he fell asleep!

Tiaki
21st February 2011, 11:57 AM
Look forward to seeing pics :)

Sometimes we do have to ignore all advice and just go with your gut. I am really happy for you that it is all working out as well as, if not better than you hoped :D

xxx

daytona
21st February 2011, 05:10 PM
Thats great news. So what if he is a little stiff as long as he isnt in pain is it really a problem?? Its not like you OH is going to be off galloping around and jumping him all over he sounds exaclty what you need him to be - a nice steady hack and someone your OH can build up his riding with.
Good luck cant wait to see some pics xx

annmarie
22nd February 2011, 11:25 AM
ohh he sounds lovely just what oh needs sounds just like my thomas

CautionToTheWind
22nd February 2011, 11:37 AM
He sounds fab, and like others have said sometimes its best to just go with your gut instinct :)

My Crazy Clan
22nd February 2011, 01:22 PM
awesome hope to see him soon

cuddie
22nd February 2011, 01:35 PM
Oh, can't wait to see pics!

So what if he's a little stiff in the mornings, so's Nic (she has arthritus in both hocks) but she still manages to do nice long hacks, we just don't charge about ... and obviously I don't expect her to get out of bed and go ...

Zeitgeist Mom
22nd February 2011, 02:18 PM
Great news. I'm afraid I missed your post about him before :ashamed: but glad to hear you ignored the sensible advice and went ahead anyway.

When I bought King Louis it was totally a case of 'heart ruling head' and was the best thing I ever did. :)

Good luck with him, he sounds like a real sweetheart.

lil_legs
23rd February 2011, 09:29 AM
I didn't see your post before, but sounds as though you made the right decision.

As long as you go into things like this with your eyes wide open then everything should be fine, you sound as though you are the perfect home for him and he is the perfect horse for what you need!!

Looking forwards to seeing lots of him.

Loosey
23rd February 2011, 10:00 AM
Just put some in the picture section :)

funkyboots
24th February 2011, 07:43 PM
i missed it too but i prob would have ignored everyone too. light work never hurt owt. mike went funny on his but with good trimming., care and diet hes a rocket now!