PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a NZ rug

Tiaki
8th September 2009, 05:31 PM
It's coming to that time of year again :sad-no: where we are digging out rugs to see what's what and buying new ones accordingly.

I know for sure I need to buy a new rug for the Kiwi monster.

So, I will be looking for a very HW NZ rug, MUST have leg straps as opposed to fillet string, shoulder vents, long tail guard and full neck. I'm not too bothered about the neck being a detachable or not.

What would you recommend for the above spec?? I have always been a fan of weatherbeeta rugs but am open to suggestions :evilgrin:

xxx

jodee
8th September 2009, 05:55 PM
weatherbeeta orican detach a neck- brought prince one of these last year and it was brilliant. not a single nick on it. (which is amazing because our boys spend alot of their time in the woods in the winter and tend to tear their rugs.) i have just bought perdy a shires stormcheeta (full neck)which is even heavier than the orican. looks really well made too. so happy with that.

CityLights
8th September 2009, 08:21 PM
Slumberdown rugs, or Treadstep/stone? never get it right, pretty damn cheap rugs but realyl nice fitting

Bay Chaos
8th September 2009, 09:41 PM
Weatherbeeta orican, but with neck attached or taka, again with neck attached. I do not like detachable necks... They damage manes.

Twizzel
9th September 2009, 11:36 AM
Max has a really nice Mark Todd lightweight combo turnout and would have no problems buying any other rugs from their range, nicely made, huge tail guard, neck does up with velcro and buckles... very impressed :)

Lucy B
9th September 2009, 11:45 AM
I really rate weatherbeta (sp). All my horses live out 24/7 so the rugs get a good hammering over the winter and they haven't let me down yet. I get the Orican Full neck and standard neck.

dogwoodhorse
9th September 2009, 11:55 AM
I would recommend Horseware's Rambo Duo. It's a really good quality rug and as it comes with liners, you can wash it easily and change the weight of it according to the weather. They also come with a 3 year guarantee so if there is a problem with it, they will replace it. You can find them on the Dogwood London site under turnout rugs.